ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Life in the UK test for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ovus
Newly Registered
India

Advice on Life in the UK test for citizenship

Post by ovus » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi experts,

I am about to start my application for the UK naturalisation. I am currently on ILR since March 2018 and had passed my life in the UK test in January 2018. I realise that it has been 3 years since I had passed the test. I was wondering if I need to re-take the test again since it has been a long time? Or can I just re-use my Life in the UK test pass certificate from 2018? Apologies for the rather stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Advice on Life in the UK test for citizenship

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:09 pm

The Life in the UK test has no expiry date. You're fine to submit the certificate you have.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Advice on Life in the UK test for citizenship

Post by bizman » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 pm

ovus wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:03 pm
Hi experts,

I am about to start my application for the UK naturalisation. I am currently on ILR since March 2018 and had passed my life in the UK test in January 2018. I realise that it has been 3 years since I had passed the test. I was wondering if I need to re-take the test again since it has been a long time? Or can I just re-use my Life in the UK test pass certificate from 2018? Apologies for the rather stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you!
Yes you can use it. It doesn’t expire
Bizman