ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP dependent visa rejected - need help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

web2005

HSMP dependent visa rejected - need help

Post by web2005 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi,

I am currently in UK on HSMP visa issued in July 2005. It was extended in July 2007 till August 2010. In July this year got married in Karachi, Pakistan and to bring my wife here in UK, I applied for her dependent visa in Pakistan. This morning we received her appliccaton back rejected on the followig grounds:

1) No wedding picture was submitted along with visa application.
2) No information about size of accomodation in UK where she will be staying in UK.
3) Not clarifying who Mrs. ****** is as her name is on papers submitted for the evidence of accommodation.

We have been given 28 days appeal period. To make sure this time we are successfull, I just need some information before I can make appeal.

3) When making appeal, is there any appeal form we need to fill in? Do we need to fill in new visa application form or we can reuse the one rejected with additional documentation required?

1) Do we need to pay visa fee again?

2) As visa applications centeres in Karachi/Pakistan are currently closed, do we have to wait till they open again? what if they dont open during this allowed appeal time? Can we still make appeal or have to wait till they open again?

4) Our dependent visa application was rejected on grounds of not clarifying who MRs. ***** is as her name appears on property papers. Actually she is my sister and married. We bought this property in joint names few years ago. She is now married and living in her metromonial home with her husband and his parents. It will be just me and my wife living in this property and she has no objection in this. What sort of evidence do we proof this? Only a letter from her confirming this will be enough or more evidence is needed to proof this? for example her marriage certificate?

5) Another ground for rejection is we did not include any papers confirming size of accomodation she will be staying in. What paper work do I need to submit to confirm this? Is land registry paper with all property size / structure description is enough or do I need to carry out a survey through solicitor to confirm this?

6) Regarding other documents we submitted with earlier appication, do we need to submit those fresh again or it is just these additional documents we need to submit for appeal process.

Can you please also guide me about how long this appeal process can take?

Thanks.

Post by 1971 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi Web,

My little advice is that you should make a fresh application and pay a new visa fee. Include all the documents that the ECO rejected her application on 9e.g. pix of marriage showing you and the bride with the priest or whoever,marriage certificate,joint bank account statements where available, or any other evidence jointly owned.) If you appeal, the decision may likely be same based on balance of probabilities and it might take sometime for decision to be made.

You also need to show the evidence of accomodation that it is convenient fro you and your dependants such as size of accomodation and bills you have been paying since you started living there. Also get a letter from your sister that you both own the house and she has given absolute authority that you wife can stay there with you in her absence.

Lastly, include all the necessary documents and write a simple and clear cover letter explaining your circumstances in the UK and also all the documents included in your application.

I hope this will help.

Others who have an idea or been in situation like this and later got EC should please, advice.

Cheers.

Post by 1971 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Additionally, web, make sure that your accomodation is suitable for a couple i.e. a minimum of One Bedroom Flat or apartment if you dont any children yet.

Cheers.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks for advice 1971 - Very useful indeed.

I am bit reluctant to make new application for couple of reasons. Firstly because currently in Pakistan, UK visa application center is closed and we can't wait for them to open again not knowing when. Secondly, as you know it will cost me another about £300. Also, as now I am back in UK, it will be bit of hastle for her to go through all this process again on her own.

I thought if we make appeal it will take less time for them to make decision as they have already considered other documents/circumstances.

I got fully extended 3 bedroom house. Before my wedding, I was about to apply for removal of my sister's name from deeds papers but dropped the idea because of costs. I am sure she will be ok to provide written approval letter.

My concern is, is it true that appeal process can take anytime upto 6 months? appeal takes place here in UK? If it takes place before judge in UK, is it possible to make appeal application here in UK rather than in a country where original application was made? Will it make the process any quicker? Thanks.