ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting Online

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Sopra Steria Appointment

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 pm

Hello All!,

I have submitted my husband's visa application on 25th January and have an appointment in Birmingham, (which I didn't know would cost me an extra £110 to book) for the submission etc which is on 21st February.

I have also bought the Data Scanning service which I wanted to know if they will do all of the scanning for me, and so will I need to scan and upload anything myself? I ask because when I log onto my account, it asks me to upload certain paperwork and their titles etc.

I have all of the paperwork all ready to go and can upload but I was under the assumption that by paying for the data scanning service I don't need to do it myself and that's the point of the centre

I would be grateful for anyones help please, thank you :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Sopra Steria Appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:15 pm

Note UKVCAS staff is not trained in immigration rules. Also, many have reported UKVCAS staff not happy to scan more than certain pages (even when you paid). Personally I think it is a waste of a service.

If you know how to scan and upload, I would suggest you scan and upload all the documents and make sure they are in line with the immigration rules and checklist. Do not rely on UKVCAS staff to upload.

Also read:

You can now self-submit documents to UKVI.

Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:20 pm

Ok, interesting I see. Whats the point of them even making me pay for it then? Why have I paid for it if they won't do it? They seem like they want to make it intentionally more difficult for people.

I have a scanner at home, that's not a problem but it will probably take a really long time as I have really huge tenancy agreements with like 20 pages, and 4 of them. How should I go about this? What's the size limit of the document's if you happen to know off of the top of your head by any chance?

Thank you :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:24 pm

I am assuming you chose to pay for Documents Scanning Service on your own.

If you paid, they will do it. But it will waste your time at the appointment and you might encounter someone who is not very friendly and happy to upload lengthy documents you have (talking with experience).

Each file should be less than 6MB.

Coloured is fine as long you can contain the file size.

It is best to keep your files to a minimum. PDF recommended.

For example keep all cohabitation documents in 1 file if possible etc.

Why do you need 20 pages long tenancy agreement? What is the purpose?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Thank you for the detailed information. When you went to your appointment, did they do all of the scanning despite having a mood or did they skip some?

Maybe I should upload easier and smaller things like my banks statements and payslips and correspondence. Sorry but by cohabitation do you mean things like the council tax letters etc?

I always get very lengthy tenancy agreements from estate agents as they are always very detailed.

Do they prefer colour or black and white?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:33 pm

I have always scanned and uploaded my documents on my own but I have encountered not friendly staff. Many have reported the same several times especially when it comes to long scanning.
I believe front page (or main pages having tenancy details - landlord signature, tenant signature, name(s) and address) should be fine.
HO is not interested to read 20 pages tenancy agreements.
I have always scanned coloured with my smart phone (not even a proper scanner). Never had any issues.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:37 pm

Ok yeah that does sound correct, they wouldn't want to read a bunch of waffle.

On your smart phone? I thought everything had to be done all professionally and stuff and I have to use a scanner and do it all perfectly. I didn't realise that you could quite simply take a picture on your phone and send it to them. And you're saying this is ok to do as long as its less than 6mb?

Does it have to fit into the whole frame?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:41 pm

You can even take photos in JPEG and upload. But I would recommend PDF. I have always scanned with my smart phone yes. My smart phone has a built in scanner and it converts them in PDF easily. No issues as long the scan is readable. Never had any issues. I have done the same for my wife too. No issues.

PS: There are many scanning apps also which can be used on smart phone but obviously if you do it on a proper scanner at home, that will be the easiest.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:45 pm

Which centre did you book an appointment? Is it premium, core or enhanced? How much did you pay extra for scanning or was it included in the price?

When did you book? What date? Today?

Did you choose 21st Feb a sunday by choice?

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:48 pm

Birmingham(New)
Crossway, 156 Great Charles Street, Queensway
Birmingham
B3 3HN

This is the address of the centre and I'm not sure which one it was, but I think it was core?

Do you know any scanning apps on the play store for android?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:50 pm

Yes it is a core centre. If you answer all my previous questions, I would like to suggest you something.

Something maybe like “camscanner” app ?

I think you booked your appointment on the 25th Jan?

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:54 pm

so I paid £110 for the standard appointment , then an extra £49.99 for document scanning and £1.99 for sms service at the address I gave previous post.

I booked the appointment 25th January for 21st February as this was one of the only available dates which was close to me. I wanted Swindon but was broke, and so was the other Birmingham centre. Sunday was convenient for both our works too as we work Monday to Saturday

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 am

Okay if that is convenient and you booked Sunday out of choice then its another story. Weekend appointments are always PAID.

You get to see the 28th day slots at 00:01AM GMT with each passing day.

Lets say you have to see tonight you would get an appointment for 24th Feb (which is a week day).

Core centres have an option of free appointments (although VERY rare).

It is entirely your choice but you could possibly cancel your appointment and look for another one. You may get lucky to find a free slot. It is always best to look for 2/3 days regularly during the day/after midnight to find a free slot.

If you cancel, your money will be refunded minus £10 admin charge.

Pros: You may get a free appointment OR may find an earlier cancellation if you look continuously 2/3 days. Note, the 28th day has to be a week day for free options (if available).

Cons: You may have to book again and pay £110 again and will be pushed forward 3/4 days if you can not find an earlier cancellation. But still you can save your scanning free and text service which is both a waste.

Decide as you wish. Just wanted to suggest you a possibility.

You have 45 working days after 25th Jan to submit biometrics (excluding Sat/Sun).

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 am

Thanks so much for the detailed information, very truly grateful for the help. I think on any other time I would use this and try looking now to save some money, but as you're saying it would require a weekday appointment then its probably out of my luck as I can't miss anymore time off work for various reasons.

Thank you for also letting me know the time scale for submission too. Do you happen to know any good scanning apps on play store by any chance?

Thank you :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 am

Do you use an apple phone? I-Phone?

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 am

An android Sony XPERIA, so play store

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:10 am

Calicification112 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 am
An android Sony XPERIA, so play store
You said you have a scanner at home. Why do you want an app then? I am not sure about play store. You can google. One app I know is: Camscanner. Not sure if it is on play store. I use my I-phone’s in built scanner but my wife uses Camscanner.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:13 am

I do have a scanner, but if you're saying it can be done via a phone, then why bother connecting a laptop, scanner etc when a phone is simpler. However I'm still divided about the whole document scanning at their centre and whether I should just do it myself (like you suggest) as your experience says that they aren't really to be trusted, or just go there and have them do it all?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:15 am

I would strongly suggest you do it on your own rather relying on the UKVCAS staff. But obviously it is your own choice.
A smart phone scan is as good as a professional scanner.

Also why do you not want to benefit from the new self-submit feature? Read my previous message for details.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:16 am

Ok then, I shall do just that. Thanks for the help and advice, I'm very grateful.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Submitting Online

Post by Calicification112 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 am

Hello All!

I am very close to my appointment with Sopra Steria and have taken the advice from this website and uploaded most if not all of my documents online including payslips, bank statements, employers letters, correspondence, ESOL certificate, marriage certificate, passports, signed partner declaration, tenancy agreements, and flight tickets from 2 years ago.

Can anyone tell me if I've missed anything please. Also, it says there is an option to submit but and I have up to 48 hours before my appointment to submit. Can I just wait for it to automatically be done or can I submit early myself. I have paid for document scanning, not that I need it anymore. Whats the best thing to do in my situation?

Thank you all