ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further information

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jeanna955
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent help with A1 Test

Post by Jeanna955 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:09 am

Hi all, I need urgent help please. I applied for extention on the 5 year route flr fp on 12th May 2020. As at the time, I didn't know home office rules states that the English test A1 expires in 2 years so I sent the HO the same English test which I had previously applied with and had expired in October 2019. I recently got to know of it and I've got a new A1 last week with the intention to send it to HO once the hard copy arrive. HO just sent me an email yesterday requesting for more documents that is , documentation evidence that states my children lives with me in the same address .
My question is, can I send the A1 with the requested documents or send it separately to HO? And also will HO accept it since i did not submit it when I uploaded my docs back in August? Thank you

vinny

Re: Urgent help with A1 Test

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:59 am

Send them together. Take the B1 English test next time, if you can.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Waiting limited
United Kingdom

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:37 pm

you need level A2 . and send them all together

Waiting limited
United Kingdom

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 pm

if you're applying of an extension after 2.5 years , you must pass A2level as directed in the government website:

Take an approved English language test
You can prove your knowledge of English by passing an approved English language test with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening.

If you cannot take an English language test because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you might be able to apply for an exemption. Read the guidance for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents.

If you want to settle permanently in the UK within 5 years
If you took the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa, you’ll need to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

If you did not need to do the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa but you need to do it now, you’ll need to pass it when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

get it done and send it with the rest of paper otherwise they'll put you in 10 years route.

all the best

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:48 am

Yes. You are subject to English language requirement, in particular, E-LTRPT.5.1A.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:58 am

Jeanna955
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Further information

Post by Jeanna955 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi all, I want to know how long do you normally get a decision after submitting further documents. HO requested further information on 25/01/21 and I submitted on 01/02/21 but I still haven't heard anything back. I really need to travel home because my father is really sick. I applied since May 2020.