ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with right to work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Help with right to work

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:57 pm

OK hello everyone I'm having a really bad panic as my husbands employer emailed me. Saying if he has a new visa because his visa expires on 3rd February and she is saying he won't be able to work. I've submitted his application but not his evidence and his biometrics at the appointment which isn't till 21st February. How does this effect his right to work? Did I do something wrong? Do I need to find an earlier appointment or something? Please help as I am Now panicking that this is all my fault.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help with right to work

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Calicification112 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:57 pm
OK hello everyone I'm having a really bad panic as my husbands employer emailed me. Saying if he has a new visa because his visa expires on 3rd February and she is saying he won't be able to work. I've submitted his application but not his evidence and his biometrics at the appointment which isn't till 21st February. How does this effect his right to work? Did I do something wrong? Do I need to find an earlier appointment or something? Please help as I am Now panicking that this is all my fault.
The employers must follow the UKVI guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nts_v5.pdf

There is no need to panic as your husband's right to work are protected under Section 3C until his ILR decision is made. You should give the employer the UAN of the application as they should seek a Positive Response from UKVI via Employer Checking Service: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:38 pm

OK ok thank you so much for this help and putting myself at ease. I need to send an email to his employer so I will send both links and also the UAN is the number of the application correct? So when that was all submitted, I could Download a copy and it was at the top right? Or does it begin with UKVI?

It's not a nice feeling when you feel Like you've messed up horrendously

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Just provide your UAN to the employer and mention that your work rights are intact as per Section 3C. They will carry out a check using ECS. It will come back positive and is valid for 6 months. Employers need to carry a check every 6 months. Your husband is protected by the immigration rules.

UAN is the Unique Application Number which is at the top of the completed online PDF form/payment confirmation email also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:58 pm

OK cool, thank you Cullinan for this information. I am very grateful as always. Also thank you Zimba for putting my mind at ease as well. I have sent the UAN which I found when I logged into his account and sent it to his employer alongside Zimba's links. Thank you both again.