ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR pre-requisites changed?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorz
Newly Registered

ILR pre-requisites changed?

Post by scorz » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:44 pm

:shock: is it true that the home office has changed the duration after which one can apply for an ILR?

I learned that the initial 4 yrs stay before you could apply for ILR has now been increased to 5 years!

I know of increase in the fees but never knew about the duration increase!

Can anyone please let me know on this at the earliest? I am due for an ILR in the next 2 months (going by the 4 yr rule)!

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:04 pm

My understanding is that this is still only a proposal and has not yet come into effect. Furthermore, they havent clarified if the 5 year ILR rule will be enforced retrospectively.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon May 02, 2005 8:47 pm

There are no changes made yet to the 4 year ILR (infact 3 years & 11 months if you are early enough).
All you need is £500/£335 + sufficient documentary evidence they ask for.

Keep checking the home office link below.
If there is a change is rule, you will see the updated info there.

official link