ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Exit App- security code

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nomadtraveller29
Mood:
United Kingdom

EU Exit App- security code

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi
Did anyone else face this problem of not receiving securing code from EU exit app when applying for EU settled status ? It’s the same number which has been registered when I applied for pre-settle status
I have even tried to change the number but it still doesn’t send me code to update the phone number. Getting a bit impatient and angry 😖

Bazinga_
United Kingdom

Re: EU Exit App- security code

Post by Bazinga_ » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:14 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 pm
Hi
Did anyone else face this problem of not receiving securing code from EU exit app when applying for EU settled status ? It’s the same number which has been registered when I applied for pre-settle status
I have even tried to change the number but it still doesn’t send me code to update the phone number. Getting a bit impatient and angry 😖
Are you not able to send the code to a email address linked to your account? Mine gave me that option if I remember correctly. It could also be the phone or your service provider do check their end. Also try a manual roam to refresh your network settings and try again. See instructions here https://www.giffgaff.com/help/articles/ ... anual-roam

nomadtraveller29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:50 am

It not to view your status but to apply from pre-settle to settle status. When it asks you to take photo of your BRC front and back. It then sends your 6 digit to continue with application. In my case It doesn't I tried calling EU contact centre , get recorded message saying "they have reached their maximum capacity of taking calls" and need to try again later if its not urgent.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:05 pm

Basic question, but have you tried with email instead of text? Do try, and then look for messages with the subject line 'One time code' coming from uk.visas.and.immigration.home.office@notifications.service.gov.uk
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi Kamoe,

It generates a code when I want to view my current status but when I am go to apply for settle status and one of the steps after scanning your BRC is a six digit code that is sent to the registered mobile number but nothing is happening. I even tried to change the phone number but it wouldn't do nothing.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:16 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:24 pm
Hi Kamoe,

It generates a code when I want to view my current status but when I am go to apply for settle status and one of the steps after scanning your BRC is a six digit code that is sent to the registered mobile number but nothing is happening. I even tried to change the phone number but it wouldn't do nothing.
Are you applying from outside the UK? And, what do you mean you changed the phone number? Did you try using another phone (as in another device)?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 pm

I was applying for settle status. As part of your application when you scan your BRC on EU Exit App it generates a six digit code to continue further ( in my case it wasn’t generating it) . There seems to be a technical glitch so I had to change the phone number on my already existing pre-settle status contact details in order to receive the six digit code to apply for settle status. I manage to apply and now just uploading the documents. @kamoe do you know if there is separate topic on documents required for settle status ?

Bazinga_
United Kingdom

Post by Bazinga_ » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:10 am

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 pm
I was applying for settle status. As part of your application when you scan your BRC on EU Exit App it generates a six digit code to continue further ( in my case it wasn’t generating it) . There seems to be a technical glitch so I had to change the phone number on my already existing pre-settle status contact details in order to receive the six digit code to apply for settle status. I manage to apply and now just uploading the documents. @kamoe do you know if there is separate topic on documents required for settle status ?
The pre-settle and settled status applications are pretty much the same. After submitting, it will tell you if any further documentation is needed and what those documents are based on your individual case.

Good luck!