ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly mother (widow) dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Loslon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Elderly mother (widow) dependant

Post by Loslon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Please advise... I'm on ILR, want to apply ADR settlement for my mother 71 yrs old (widow) US (Green Card). She is in the UK on visit visa and my dependant. She has no one in the USA to take care of her.

secret.simon

Re: Elderly mother (widow) dependant

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:21 pm

Mere dependence is not enough.

You need to prove that
(a) she needs daily assistance with basic personal functions such as bathing, cleaning, washing up, etc.
AND
(b) that such care/assistance is either unavailable or unaffordable in her country of habitual residence.

The Adult Dependent Relative visa is one of the most difficult to get and has a refusal rate (after appeals) of ~80%.

Also, even just applying for the visa (even if refused) will lead to all future visit visas being refused as the applicant (your mother) has indicated a desire to reside in the UK, not just visit.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Loslon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Loslon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 pm

Thank you indeed, I do not want to jeopardise her visit Visa in future.
Furthermore can you advise how to delete this post?

Loslon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Loslon » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:21 pm
Mere dependence is not enough.

You need to prove that
(a) she needs daily assistance with basic personal functions such as bathing, cleaning, washing up, etc.
AND
(b) that such care/assistance is either unavailable or unaffordable in her country of habitual residence.

The Adult Dependent Relative visa is one of the most difficult to get and has a refusal rate (after appeals) of ~80%.

Also, even just applying for the visa (even if refused) will lead to all future visit visas being refused as the applicant (your mother) has indicated a desire to reside in the UK, not just visit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:06 pm

Loslon wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 pm
announcements/posts-will-not-be-deleted-t199657.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.