ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation in a few months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yellowbeard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Applying for naturalisation in a few months

Post by yellowbeard » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 pm

Hello,
I will apply for naturalisation in around 3 months (EEA citizen arrived in the UK in April 2015).

I have a few questions:

1) Do you think I can start the online form now, complete it gradually over the next few months and then submit it when the time arrives? Or is there an expiration to the online form?

2) I have seen this question on the form, which is a bit unclear:
"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

My dealings with the Home Office have been:
  • received registration certificate EEA (QP) in 2016
  • received pre-settled status
  • received settled status
Should I select yes to that question and reference any of these 3?

3) I have seen that the form only takes up to 30 trips. I have quite a few more (still respecting the requirements in terms of days outside the UK), do I attach a table in the documents to upload? any template?

4) For employment, in 2015 I started working for an organisation which was later merged with another one (I was transferred as part of TUPE process). Shall I treat the 2 as separate organisations when listing my employers?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Applying for naturalisation in a few months

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:48 pm

yellowbeard wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 pm
Hello,
I will apply for naturalisation in around 3 months (EEA citizen arrived in the UK in April 2015).

I have a few questions:

1) Do you think I can start the online form now, complete it gradually over the next few months and then submit it when the time arrives? Or is there an expiration to the online form?
You can start anytime. You can edit/save. Make sure you log back in at least once every 3/4 weeks, it may get deleted after 6-10 weeks otherwise

2) I have seen this question on the form, which is a bit unclear:
"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
List ALL

My dealings with the Home Office have been:
  • received registration certificate EEA (QP) in 2016
  • received pre-settled status
  • received settled status
Should I select yes to that question and reference any of these 3?

3) I have seen that the form only takes up to 30 trips. I have quite a few more (still respecting the requirements in terms of days outside the UK), do I attach a table in the documents to upload? any template?
You can list on the cover letter or excel sheet. Upload it with your documents then. Note, departure and arrival date is not counted. If you left on a Mon and back on Tues.. no need to list as it is not an absence. Full days count only

4) For employment, in 2015 I started working for an organisation which was later merged with another one (I was transferred as part of TUPE process). Shall I treat the 2 as separate organisations when listing my employers?
Treating as one organisation is fine. You can leave a small note at the end of online form or cover letter if you wish

Thanks!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yellowbeard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Re: Applying for naturalisation in a few months

Post by yellowbeard » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:32 am

Thanks!