ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ttynn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 online application

Post by ttynn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:44 am

Hi Everyone,

Pardon me for replying this post. I'm new here and couldn't find where to post new topic.

I'm applying for my children British citizenship using the online MN1 application. It is a bit of a nightmare on the referee section.

The issue is that headteacher is willing to help with the professional reference but cannot provide DOB & passport number. Unfortunately, the online application will let me proceed if you don't provide DOB & passport number of referees.
  • Can I just put a dummy DOB & passport number (e.g 01/01/2021 or 000000000) just to get past the online application and indicate this in a cover letter?
  • Has anybody experienced this before and how did you get past this?
  • I know an alternative is to use paper form but the website advised using online application due to the current pandemic situation.
Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 online application

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:50 am

Use the paper referee form, first link in the Google search below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mn1+ref ... e&ie=UTF-8
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ttynn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ttynn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:08 pm

Thanks. I really appreciate your quick response.

I have the form already and the headteacher will fill that for me but I still need to complete the online application....but it won't let me submit unless I provide the DOB and passport number for the headteacher, which I cannot get. There's no "NA" or "available on request" options in the online application.

Is it OK to use a dummy DOB (01/01/2021) & dummy passport (000000000) and I can mention this in the cover letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:09 pm

Fine to do that then just upload the paper form instead and add a cover letter if necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:20 pm

Isn't it risky to put a fake date of birth and passport number?

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:45 pm

I've had the same problem when I applied for my children. Teacher was not ok to give DOB and passport number. I found some other referee who was a company director and submitted his referral . After submitting the application, I have updated a covering note stating that I was not able to gather details needed from the teachers or other professionals who were involved with my children and toconfirmed that I used a normal referree.