ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my wife's ILR approved!?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsc2007
India

Is my wife's ILR approved!?

Post by bsc2007 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi team,

My wife-daughter submitted their ILR application on the night of last Thursday (28 January 2021 17:30 hrs). I've now received two emails stating "Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful." It further states they will send us BRP.

I am confused. My common sense says that they have been granted ILR. With it being UKVI however, I wonder if they are just saying that the "application" was successful, meaning they have now received our documents? There are 82 documents in total! In addition, there was a mistake on my wife's online application and also a complexity surrounding the English language criteria.

What's happening? :roll:

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Is my wife's ILR approved!?

Post by Khaled33 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Did you use the standard service? did you all submit your applications in the same day?

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Submitted online application on 31 Dec 2020 23:55 hrs.
Clicked "submit documents" on UKVCAS 3 days before the appointment (Monday).
I paid £110 per person for a paid appointment at Birmingham Core centre - there were no free appointments available.

I've applied for BC on the same day, but it is a separate application. I haven't received any such email for it.

I read the email very carefully and it increasingly feels like their ILR has been "approved" - although there is no word corresponding to "approved".

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:50 pm

It is successful / approved. Some applications have turned quickly recently. Nothing short of a miracle!

Thank you so much for your help forum, CR001 and CULLINAN!

:-)

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Application submission date is the day you submit the application and pay the ILR fees.
Your application date was therefore 31 Dec and not 28 Jan.
Still an excellent turn-around time.
If you had submitted 5 mins late, you may have become the first applicant to receive ILR having applied in 2021 :lol:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.