ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland of the unwelcomes

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

esharknz

Ireland of the unwelcomes

Post by esharknz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 pm

MAKUSA
BANNED

Blatant beloved

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Not surprised at all, they lack social skills and are very ignorant.

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Something needs to be done. Not only do these immigration officer have too much power, they don't know the laws to have the power.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am

That's why (luckily) the Garda-folks are unarmed:

1. Copy of UK. (like everything here)
2. They have no clue.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 pm

well, i agreed with the minister for certain issues here. yes, the immigration officer in the airport is doing a very difficult job, but it doesnt mean that they can be rude to people. i guess there is something call customer service that they would not have learn while they were in their training.

i have been in and out of ireland every year. i would say there was good or bad. i wouldnt say my experience was as bad as Angie Chong. i remembered that the first year i came to work in dublin. i flew back to edinburgh for a long weekend. i dont need a reentry visa to come back to ireland because i dont need a visa at all. my permission to remain still have 6 months left since it was granted by GNIB. that was my first stamp from GNIB and they were still in harcourt street back then. the immigration booth for scotland was very small back then in the dublin airport. if you fly in very early or very late in the day, they might not even have any immigration officer in the booth. i came back in the 11am flight. there was an immigration officer wanted to see my passport. so i showed him my passport and i told him where i work. he kept flipping through my passport for couple of minutes. i asked him if there is a problem and he told me that he is looking for my visa. i told him that i dont need a visa to come to ireland but i have the permission to remain granted by GNIB. he started to tell me that i need a visa blah blah blah. i kinda argued with him for few mins and at the end i asked him so if i need a visa, i dont have one now, what do i do. he told me this time will let me off. surely showing that he is an idiot. if i need a visa, he should charge me for the visa and dont let me off for that. and he done something really bad as well. he wrote down a number with 5 digits in my passport. he is an idiot because he didnt write that in any blank page of my passport. he wrote it down in the page where my country's national crest printed. he has no right to do that. he can write down what he needs to write down in the blank passport page but not other. by the time i saw it, it was too late.

he is an older person. i usually have similar problem with older immigraiton officer in dublin airport. the younger one usually is ok with one when they see the GNIB card and stamp still valid in my passport.

they have this big problem here in the system. i agreed that the immigration officer has right to refuse entry, but they dont have clear guild lines to show people. it just like the citizenship and LTR application, they never show people that what they have to do to take so long. the only thing they tell people that they have too many application. is that good enough?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:34 pm

An Irish friend of mine who grew up in Germany nextdoor told me what happened when they went to Ireland to visit family in Ireland when he was young:

On arrival in Dublin there were people asking what Ireland would have to change to encourage them to come back...

How the tides have turned...

That does not mean that they won't turn again :D