ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amissah87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Amissah87 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi Tjam,
1. I thought when the caseworker said he/she was ready with your decision it meant your asylum decision. Why right to work (which you did not ask for) ?. Your solicitor needs to find out the reason for the decision.

2. You would need to call 0800 141 2079 to apply for a national insurance number.

3. Also you can only work from the short list occupation provided. Furthermore, once you start working all financial support will stop ( accommodation and subsistence ).

4. With the conclusive grounds decision your caseworker should be granting your status. What happened? The solicitor needs to ask some questions and see what response they give.

Tjam
Afghanistan

Post by Tjam » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:32 am

It's difficult to understand what exactly they are doing to me. She is trying her best but looks like the ho plays with people emotions. It's been 5 months now since I received positive conclusive grounds decision, they keep saying they have made a decision and waiting for review and authorization. So I don't know why they sent me permit to work.
How many hours can i work?

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:24 pm

SheilaM wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:01 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:15 am
SheilaM wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:14 am
Good morning @ Yayahs I’m just writing to say Goodluck for Tuesday. 🙏🙏🙏
Dear SheilaM,

I hope that you are fine and doing great as usual, thanks for your message, much appreciated.

Please note that my substantive Interview was good and I am satisfied, they started at 9:47 a.m. and its finished at 12:20 p.m. including 20 minutes break, case owner said that maximum within 2 month I'll give you my decision, so let see.

What is your opinion about the duration of my interview, does it looks like that I will get grant ??? as interview was straight forward and I didn't felt like she is asking one thing from different angles.

Thanks for your always support and help.

Kind Regard's.
Hi Yayah 💪🏾 No Joke I had the same time for my interview, I certainly believe Positive news are on their way. 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Dear SheilaM,

I hope that you are fine and doing great as usual, thanks for your message, much appreciated.

Please note that my solicitor sent all the required evidences to the case worker, finger crossed and will update you with the decision.

I am taking an online training for 5 days to become a qualified carer, its a free government funded program.

Thanks a lot for your always response, cooperation and help.

May GOD Bless you and your loved ones.

Kind Regard's.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:41 pm

Tjam wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:32 am
It's difficult to understand what exactly they are doing to me. She is trying her best but looks like the ho plays with people emotions. It's been 5 months now since I received positive conclusive grounds decision, they keep saying they have made a decision and waiting for review and authorization. So I don't know why they sent me permit to work.
Hi Tjam,

Hope you are fine and doing well, its not possible for an Asylum seeker to apply and to get the NI number now a days because Job center plus is not giving face to face appointment due to COVID, below mentioned email I received from the Citizen advice which is self explanatory.

Kindly note that an Asylum seeker have to have the face appointment.

Wish you good luck for everything.

Kind Regard's.

============================================================================================

Good Afternoon,

We have tried investigating several options and spoken to our Asylum rights network to see if any other organization has information.

Unfortunately everywhere we asked we found that it is not currently possible to apply for National Insurance numbers as an asylum seeker because of the Coronavirus.

The process is still that you require a face to face interview to proceed and these are not happening due to the national lockdown.

It is also really important if you do seek work when it is possible to get a NINO once more that you ensure you have permission to work on the very specific criteria.

The jobs on the list often require quite high skill requirements and if you work outside of these rules it can risk your immigration status.

Please make sure you are very careful and only take work that is allowed as some employers may not make the necessary checks.

Just for your convenience here are the useful links again:

This is government guidance about asylum seekers who have applied for permission to work
permission-to-work-v8.0-ext.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

I am able to work on jobs on the shortage occupation list found below:
Immigration Rules Appendix K: shortage occupation list - Immigration Rules - Guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Thank you for your patience and I am so sorry we cannot fix this issue for you.

Kind Regard's.

===========================================================================================

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:41 pm
Tjam wrote:
Hi Tjam,

Hope you are fine and doing well, its not possible for an Asylum seeker to apply and to get the NI number now a days because Job center plus is not giving face to face appointment due to COVID, below mentioned email I received from the Citizen advice which is self explanatory.

Kind Regard's.

============================================================================================

Good Afternoon,

We have tried investigating several options and spoken to our Asylum rights network to see if any other organization has information.

Unfortunately everywhere we asked we found that it is not currently possible to apply for National Insurance numbers as an asylum seeker because of the Coronavirus.

The process is still that you require a face to face interview to proceed and these are not happening due to the national lockdown.

It is also really important if you do seek work when it is possible to get a NINO once more that you ensure you have permission to work on the very specific criteria.

The jobs on the list often require quite high skill requirements and if you work outside of these rules it can risk your immigration status.

Please make sure you are very careful and only take work that is allowed as some employers may not make the necessary checks.

This is government guidance about asylum seekers who have applied for permission to work

Immigration Rules Appendix K: shortage occupation list - Immigration Rules - Guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Kind Regard's.

===========================================================================================
Hi Tjam,

Kindly find a free government funded training ( 5 days ) web link to become a qualified carer if you want to do the job in care sector.

You need to get register.

https://lp.joinsocialcare.co.uk/care-worker

Wish you Good Luck.

Billy8899
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Billy8899 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Hello

Need help

Hope everyone is well, I received a reply from the HO saying they are waiting for a copy of my child’s passport and birth certificate. Which has already been sent to them in November. We have a proof of recored delivery postal receipt.

Can anyone advise what happens in this situation. ?

Tjam
Afghanistan

Post by Tjam » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:11 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Tjam wrote:
Hi Tjam,

Kind Regard's.

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regard's.

I have spoken to those providing NI and they said they will send me some forms to fill out.
If I may ask, do you have to do a number of hours before my support will stop. Or even if I do 10hrs they will still stop it. I can't do a lot of hours as I have a minor who is not in school yet.i can only do few hours.

Tjam
Afghanistan

Post by Tjam » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Amissah87 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 pm
Hi Tjam,
1. I thought when the caseworker said he/she was ready with your decision it meant your asylum decision. Why right to work (which you did not ask for) ?. Your solicitor needs to find out the reason for the decision.

2. You would need to call 0800 141 2079 to apply for a national insurance number.

3. Also you can only work from the short list occupation provided. Furthermore, once you start working all financial support will stop ( accommodation and subsistence ).

4. With the conclusive grounds decision your caseworker should be granting your status. What happened? The solicitor needs to ask some questions and see what response they give.
Does it matter how many hours I do. If you say accommodation, does it mean I will be paying rent?
What if am doing only 12hrs a week?

Amissah87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amissah87 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi Tjam,
I know when people are granted the right to work and starts working, all financial support stops. You would have to pay for all your expenses ( rent, food etc).
There are people on this platform who have been granted right to work and have to independently provide for themselves. You could ask anyone of them.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:29 am

Tjam wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:11 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
Tjam wrote:
Hi Tjam,

Kind Regard's.

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regard's.

I have spoken to those providing NI and they said they will send me some forms to fill out.
If I may ask, do you have to do a number of hours before my support will stop. Or even if I do 10hrs they will still stop it. I can't do a lot of hours as I have a minor who is not in school yet.i can only do few hours.
Hi Tjam,

My solicitor told me that when you will get the job so you have to disclose it to HO through me and then HO will decide based on your salary what to stop ( rent or money ), she also mentioned that mostly HO stopped money as asylum seeker doesn't have right to rent the house.

I am not sure about how much hours an individual can do, I guess it should be a full time job.

Check with your solicitor or call Migrant help, it will help.

Wish you best of luck.

Tjam
Afghanistan

Post by Tjam » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Yahas76 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:29 am
Tjam wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:11 pm
Yahas76 wrote:
Tjam wrote:
Hi Tjam,

Kind Regard's.

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regard's.

Hi Tjam,

My solicitor told me that when you will get the job so you have to disclose it to HO through me and then HO will decide based on your salary what to stop ( rent or money ), she also mentioned that mostly HO stopped money as asylum seeker doesn't have right to rent the house.

I am not sure about how much hours an individual can do, I guess it should be a full time job.

Check with your solicitor or call Migrant help, it will help.

Wish you best of luck.
I really appreciate, thanks

Tjam
Afghanistan

Post by Tjam » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Amissah87 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 pm
Hi Tjam,
I know when people are granted the right to work and starts working, all financial support stops. You would have to pay for all your expenses ( rent, food etc).
There are people on this platform who have been granted right to work and have to independently provide for themselves. You could ask anyone of them.
Am grateful

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:14 pm

SheilaM wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:05 pm
Filo1981 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm
SheilaM wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi Welljohn hope you having a good Sunday. Have you heard anything yet from H.O it’s been quite with me I’m still hopeful to receive my Biometric card before the months ends.
Hi Sheilam, may I know how many days you've waited after your biometric enrolment when you received your grant letter? Thanks
Hi I received grant letters after my main interview which was conducted in 2019 June. I made a complain and they sent them together with biometric enrolment letter which I have done in December. I haven’t heard anything yet. Have u done your biometrics too ?
Hi Sheilam, it's complusory for "FS Unit'' to ask for further evidence after 1 year plus, because in my own case its more than 1 year already, and they never ask me for evidence.xx

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi WellJohn hope you doing fine. Nope It’s not compulsory if they have enough evidence to make a decision on your case. You will probably get biometric enrolment and the case will be concluded. It’s not long now for you with the time scale they gave you. Have a blessed weekend.

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:37 am

Hi Sheilam , Thank you and also appreciate your response. cheers.

Zeek
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zeek » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:14 pm

I submitted fresh claim in September 2018 and was called for another interview in Liverpool in February 2020. Have had no response up to now. In July 2020 I wrote an email asking for update but in August 2020 they write back saying decision would be in 3 months. Nothing came. December 2020 wrote another email they have not replied till now. Still waiting. Does anyone know timelines after an interview when you submit fresh claim?
Thank you for your help.

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Hi everyone.. I came to uk 2008 as student.. then had asylum claim in 2012 which refused in 2013 then dismissed appeals in 2014.. I submitted fresh claim by post in December 2020.. I got an email in February 2021 that due to covid19 that my further submissions have been accepted and they will notify me of the decision in due course.. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how long its gona take and will home office need me to do biometrics for that or they will just make a decision. Thanks

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Shaheen5 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:17 pm
Hi everyone.. I came to uk 2008 as student.. then had asylum claim in 2012 which refused in 2013 then dismissed appeals in 2014.. I submitted fresh claim by post in December 2020.. I got an email in February 2021 that due to covid19 that my further submissions have been accepted and they will notify me of the decision in due course.. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how long its gona take and will home office need me to do biometrics for that or they will just make a decision. Thanks

Hello there, I submitted my further submission by email on September 2020 and still waiting , some people here say up to a year and while some have gotten a reply from home office within months, so it all just depends on how strong your case is or luck maybe. What is the basis of your submission if you don’t mind me asking, do you have kids?

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm single.. I don't have kids. My case is asylum based also human rights grounds. And there are some medical treatment underway so my entire claim cover all aspects. Its been 12 years in in the uk continuously..

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Did you get any latter or response from homes office that they received your further submissions, like an acknowledgement latter or you just got an automated response?

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:47 pm

Shaheen5 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:33 pm
Did you get any latter or response from homes office that they received your further submissions, like an acknowledgement latter or you just got an automated response?
Aww ok, I have a 4year old child. I have been here 10years so long like you. Well my solicitor submitted it and the forwarded the email to me

“This is to confirm that we have received your emailed Further Submissions. Owing to the situation with the current COVID–19 pandemic, these further submissions have been accepted.
You will be notified in due course of the decision

Please note in order to qualify for permission to work your protection based claim must have been outstanding for more than 12 months. (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nstruction)
Regards

For Further Submission Case updates or other Further Submission Queries only, please email csupostteam@homeoffice.gov.uk

FSU Appointment line”

This is the email I got, I am not sure tho if it’s automated or they reviewed the submission before sending this.
But I think they replied by email because it was submitted via email because it’s 5 months now and never got any other letter from them.

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi lureen this is not automated reply.. they have physically viewed your case and then emailed you.. did they ask or sent any postal later for boimatrics? And when did you get that email? I hope and wish you get successful.. you got kid so they will look more positive in your case for the best interest of child and you also here more than 10 years so there are abstcals they will look into it.. good luck with it

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Shaheen5 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:04 pm
Hi lureen this is not automated reply.. they have physically viewed your case and then emailed you.. did they ask or sent any postal later for boimatrics? And when did you get that email? I hope and wish you get successful.. you got kid so they will look more positive in your case for the best interest of child and you also here more than 10 years so there are abstcals they will look into it.. good luck with it
I got the email September, which is when my solicitor submitted the application but I am not sure if the email came the same day she submitted. No, I haven’t gotten anything from them yet, I think they send you letter for biometrics when they have reviewed your case and they are looking to grant you leave. I really hope it works out well and good luck to you too.

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:21 pm

Thanks lureen.. I will update you if I heard anything.. update me too if you got any news. Thanks

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:46 am

Shaheen5 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:21 pm
Thanks lureen.. I will update you if I heard anything.. update me too if you got any news. Thanks
Yes I will update you once I hear from them.