ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does it look like?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jayen
Newly Registered

What does it look like?

Post by jayen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 am

I was getting prepared to mail out my EC visa packet (WP) tomorrow and I was reviewing my docs this evening.

I noted that the Work Permit I received from my employer was on plain white paper and appears vaguely like it might be a photocopy.

Now I want to mention that I have absolute confidence that my employer is not 'scamming' me - I am a teacher and this is a well known school and I am being placed there through a well respected placement agency.

I am just wondering if the wrong copy was sent by mistake or if the 'original' just doesn't look terribly official.

I checked the EC guidance notes and their copy shows a work permit with a colored seal on it rather than black and white. The EC notes say they should receive an original but only says specifically that faxed copies should be denied.

For those who have work permits....is it just in black and white?

Zubair2008
Newly Registered

Re: What does it look like?

Post by Zubair2008 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:11 am

Hi Jayen,

You should have original WP to apply for EC.
1-it is color document not black and white.
2-it has in color work permits UK written on top right corner.
3-Also in color Home office on top left corner.
4-at the back of the WP you have printed conditions also in color.
5-If you see the document through light it shows the Queens crown in the paper.

i hope this much helps you to compare difference between original and photocopy.

jayen
Newly Registered

Post by jayen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

It looks like they may have accidentally included the wrong copy. I will contact them to send the correct one on Monday.

A little bummed out because I was gonna put my visa app in the post today - but I really should be happy that I noticed the problem before I sent everything in and wasted a lot of money getting denied over something so silly.