ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee signature in Naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samuk2021
India

Referee signature in Naturalization application

Post by samuk2021 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:47 pm

Dear all
Could you please with following queries?

I have a query with respect to signatures of the referee. I am bit confused here.

Do we need to paste our photo and the referees need to sign over the photo , starting in the middle of the photo and then outside the box? or only the signature at the end of the form is fine?

The reason I ask is, due to lockdown I cant meet them , but need to post the forms for them to sign..
so need clarity ..

Also after I submit my biometrics, can I travel outside UK due to personal reasons? is it after the approval I can travel or only after cermony and passport I should ? with the current circumstance we don't know wen it will be approved, followed by cermony etc.. thats why asking ..

Thanks a lot for replies.

Sam

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee signature in Naturalization application

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:04 am

On the back of the applicant’s photograph, please write their full name and date of birth. The photograph should then be glued into the space aside.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Referee only signs on page 2.

You are free to travel on ILR BRP before you attend your ceremony and become British ( adults become British on ceremony date not approval only).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

samuk2021
India

Re: Referee signature in Naturalization application

Post by samuk2021 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:04 am
On the back of the applicant’s photograph, please write their full name and date of birth. The photograph should then be glued into the space aside.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Referee only signs on page 2.

You are free to travel on ILR BRP before you attend your ceremony and become British ( adults become British on ceremony date not approval only).
Many thanks Cullinan