ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasmine89

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Gard wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:08 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:32 pm
Gard wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi syed.

Thank God the process is finally completed:). It was very straight forward. Download the app on your tablet or phone. Click on the link in email and it will take you to the meeting. They will ask you to show them your ID and invitation letter. Once the ceremony is concluded they will send out the certificates by post. You will most likely receive it next week. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.
One more question jasmine. Did you mean the link where it says join the meeting, and after clicking that link do I have to join as a guest or do I have to enter anything else? Also at what time I should click on the link? How long before the meeting I mean.

Pleased to know that you have done yours, mine is tomorrow and I'm confused 😭
Yes the the link in the email which says join the meeting. When you click on it it should take you straight to the app. Join as a guest. Type your full name in the joining box (you get that once you click join as guest) and i think you can join the meeting 4-5 mins before you will just be in waiting and then at the appointment time they will allow you access in the room. It is best to join a few minutes earlier. Best of luck.🤞 i am sure it will go smoothly. Keep your invitation letter and ID with you as well when you join.
Alhamdulillah done my ceremony today. It was exactly same as you said Jasmine. Just downloaded the app and clicked on the link 5 mins before the ceremony started. And the person allowed me to join the group video call. Took only 10 mins. Tue certificate would be arrived friday.
Hi syed. That is amazing news. Really happy for you. Hopefully they will send the certificates on time. Did they say that they will be sending them on Thursday?

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Desmond123 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:32 pm
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

One more question jasmine. Did you mean the link where it says join the meeting, and after clicking that link do I have to join as a guest or do I have to enter anything else? Also at what time I should click on the link? How long before the meeting I mean.

Yes the the link in the email which says join the meeting. When you click on it it should take you straight to the app. Join as a guest. Type your full name in the joining box (you get that once you click join as guest) and i think you can join the meeting 4-5 mins before you will just be in waiting and then at the appointment time they will allow you access in the room. It is best to join a few minutes earlier. Best of luck.🤞 i am sure it will go smoothly. Keep your invitation letter and ID with you as well when you join.
Alhamdulillah done my ceremony today. It was exactly same as you said Jasmine. Just downloaded the app and clicked on the link 5 mins before the ceremony started. And the person allowed me to join the group video call. Took only 10 mins. Tue certificate would be arrived friday.
I had my virtual ceremony today aswel , I think we might have done it together with you because it was the exact same time ( am the black guy😀). I wish everyone best of luck. Over to passport thread now.😀.
Congratulations 🎉 hopefully passport would not take this long now i was checking the thread and the average time seems to be between 2-3 weeks. Best of luck to everyone that is waiting.

myukqueries
United Kingdom

Post by myukqueries » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:50 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Hi syed. That is amazing news. Really happy for you. Hopefully they will send the certificates on time. Did they say that they will be sending them on Thursday?
Hi - I did my ceremony on 01/02/2021 - Monday with Manchester (virtually). Got a call from xxxxxxx from Manchester council next day- (he was the guy who did my ceremony). He said the registrar will sign the first batch of certificates on Thursday and will be posted the same day. So if it is special delivery, we should get them on Friday 05/02/2021.

I think - by first batch he meant all those people who had their ceremony this week.

He called me to confirm my ID and address. Apparently there was another guy with the same name. they got the ceremony letters mixed up. My invitation letter actually came on the same day 01/02/2021 to say my ceremony was on 10th Feb! So i was confused but he called and said i dont need to attend as i have already attended. I had already received the email invite a week before.
Fingers crossed that they send me the correct Certificate... He did say he'll make sure of that.

Congratulations to all here.

Gard
Newly Registered
England

Post by Gard » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Hello jasmin. Thank you so much. Yes the person told us specifically that our certificate will arrive on friday with special delivery. I think you will get tomorrow. So after receiving the certificate we have to cut off the Biomatric card and send it to home office. I will apply for the passport straightway.

Gard
Newly Registered
England

Post by Gard » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:53 pm

Desmond123 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

I had my virtual ceremony today aswel , I think we might have done it together with you because it was the exact same time ( am the black guy😀). I wish everyone best of luck. Over to passport thread now.😀.
Lmao!! I didnt recognise mate. I was only the Asian out of 8 in our group. Hahaha its nice innit that we have got so many information from this forum and we had ceremony together and you recognised me😂

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi All,
Just want to share my timelines
Application date: 1 Sep 20
Approval: 26 Oct 2020
HO letter received on 21 Jan 2021 dated 4 Jan 2021
Council (Tower Hamlets) received my certificate today, 3 Feb 2021
Virtual private ceremony done today: 3 Feb 2021 (£144)

This group has been a great support so thank you and good luck to all

N S
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N S » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:50 pm

imz2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Hi All,

Virtual private ceremony is it 1 to 1 .....?

keenmd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by keenmd » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:46 am

Elle01 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 pm
Bikerboy86 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:21 am
London249 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 am
Hi is it anyone received invitation after 5th November acceptance 6 7 0r 8 9 10 11 any update about these dates.
I’m new here but my timeline is as follows
Apply by post July 15th
Fee taken July 18th
Biometrics July 25th
Approved October 16
Ceremony invitation received January 15th
Virtual ceremony January 26th 12 minutes
Paid £7,50 for postage of certificate hopefully receive it before weekend

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ❤️ Next passport journey 😃
Update

Approval: 9th November
Date on the letter: 16 January
Received on: 27th January
Barking and Dagenham Council

Will call to book an appointment tody
Hi! Just wanted to ask whether LBBD does the ceremony virtually or in person? Cannot seem to find much information on their website. Thank you!

Missi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Missi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:36 am

pyccknn wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:51 pm
Hi Forum,

Timeline:
Approval date: 11 November
HO invitation printing date: Waiting
HO invitation received by post: Waiting
Council invitation received: Waiting
Ceremony date: Waiting
Council - West Sussex
Hi!
Have you received your invitation letter?

Yazzz95
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Yazzz95 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:07 am

Hi guys,
Have anyone got any update from Newham council ?

Yazzz95
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Yazzz95 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:10 am

shahzy970 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:14 pm
shahzy970 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:48 pm
Yazzz95 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi,

I have got this response from newham registrar office today.

" We will be resuming some virtual and in person individual citizenship ceremonies in February and will try to rebook all ceremonies in the date of cancellations. "
Hi Yazz,

Did you hear anything back from the council again? my appointment was cancelled as well and they've asked me book online again but when I try to book an appointment it says no appointments available.

Thanks
Hi Shahzy,

I am still waiting for any update.
Have you got any update ?
Please let me know.
Thanks

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:22 am

N S wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:50 pm
imz2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Hi All,

Virtual private ceremony is it 1 to 1 .....?
Yes it is and very fast. I was done in less than 10 mins and they will send me the certificate via secured mail

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sir Murphy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am

Application Date: 8 July 2020 (1 adult + 2 Children)
Approval Date : 30 November 2020
Letter of Invitation Date: 7 January 2021
Letter of Invitation Received: 2 February 2021
Date of Ceremony: 9 February 2021 (London Borough of Barking and Dagenham - Group ceremony and to collect children registration certificate)

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sir Murphy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:56 am

Hi! Just wanted to ask whether LBBD does the ceremony virtually or in person? Cannot seem to find much information on their website. Thank you!

In person - Group and private ceremony available at LBBD but you cannot get access to the registrar through the phone unless you have collected your invitation letter and send them your details through email or filling the online enquiry form.

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sir Murphy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:58 am

keenmd wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:46 am
Elle01 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 pm
Bikerboy86 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:21 am
London249 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 am
Hi is it anyone received invitation after 5th November acceptance 6 7 0r 8 9 10 11 any update about these dates.
I’m new here but my timeline is as follows
Apply by post July 15th
Fee taken July 18th
Biometrics July 25th
Approved October 16
Ceremony invitation received January 15th
Virtual ceremony January 26th 12 minutes
Paid £7,50 for postage of certificate hopefully receive it before weekend

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ❤️ Next passport journey 😃
Update

Approval: 9th November
Date on the letter: 16 January
Received on: 27th January
Barking and Dagenham Council

Will call to book an appointment tody
In person - Group and private ceremony available at LBBD but you cannot get access to the registrar through the phone unless you have collected your invitation letter and send them your details through email or filling the online enquiry form.

stevenzhang
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stevenzhang » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 am

I have sent out an email to citizenship.ceremonies@croydon.gov.uk more than 2 weeks ago, trying to book a virtual citizenship ceremony. But I have not heard anything back from them. I have called the council call center on Monday and they helped me emailed the relevant department again, but still no reply...

I wonder if anyone have similar issue of booking Booking citizenship at Croydon Council? Or there is a better number I can call for help?

Please advise.

Many thanks for the help.

Ssissi
Newly Registered
France

Post by Ssissi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:38 am

Missi wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:36 am
pyccknn wrote:
Hi Forum,

Timeline:
Council - West Sussex
Hi!
Hi everyone
I've got the same timeline
Missi wrote:
pyccknn wrote:
Hi Forum,

Timeline:
Council - West Sussex
Hi!
Hi everyone
Missi wrote:
pyccknn wrote:
Hi Forum,

Timeline:
Council - West Sussex
Hi!
Hi everyone
Application submitted : 02 September 2020
Biometrics done at one of ukvsa centre: 21 sep 2020
Approval date : 11 November 2020
Council Wandsworth
Iam still waiting for my invitation, I've send diffents emails to home office in December but they replied standard response very stressful to see most November approvals received theirs invitation
Anyone 11 nov please share your timeline

joletusgo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by joletusgo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 am

Hello to everybody,

thank God, Today on 04-02-2021, I have received a letter from the Home office for the U.K nationality ceremony,

my U.k nationality applications approval's date: 13-Nov-2020.

I have called the city council in Liverpool to book an appointment for the ceremony they told you should wait till you will receive a letter from us to tell you what your ceremony date.

I hope everybody to get a letter from the Home Office as soon as possible.

thank you.

bye

Missi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Missi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 am

joletusgo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 am
Hello to everybody,

thank God, Today on 04-02-2021, I have received a letter from the Home office for the U.K nationality ceremony,

my U.k nationality applications approval's date: 13-Nov-2020.

I have called the city council in Liverpool to book an appointment for the ceremony they told you should wait till you will receive a letter from us to tell you what your ceremony date.

I hope everybody to get a letter from the Home Office as soon as possible.

thank you.

bye
Congratulations!
Can you please tell me date mentioned on your invitation letter! I was approved on 12 nov butt still no sign of invitation letter

nuk76
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nuk76 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:26 am

Application submitted : 01 June 2020
Biometrics done at one of UKVCAS centre: 20 August 2020
Approval date : 26 August 2020
Invitation Letter Dated: 13 November 2020
Invitation Letter Received: 26 November 2020
Ceremony Date: 06 January 2021 (CANCELLED)
CounciL: HILLINGDON

Tired and fed up with this long waiting game played by the council. Am sure many of you might be in the same situation as i am. my application to home office was made on the 1st of June 2020 and was approved on the 26th of August 2020. After nearly 4 months since approval and 6 months from initial citizenship application, I was booked for a ceremony on the 6th of January 2021 with HILLINGDON council which got cancelled last minute due to new lockdown which came into effect from the 4th of January. After all this the council are least bothered to look into any sort of solution to conduct a ceremony for me or other waiting. They are hiding under the excuse of a national lockdown. What i fail to understand is the whole of UK is under same national lockdown and when most of the other councils in worst affected areas can look into modern methods of conducting the ceremony why can't Hillingdon do the same for its residents. Why are we being treated any different, it's been a nightmare waiting. What is the issue on having a virtual ceremony which is any day safer and quicker. Some authority or the Home office should seriously look into this and give clear guidelines to the councils to do the needful asap. I will also be looking into writing to the concerned authorities and to the mayor's office to see what they have to say and why the council isnt taking these seriously.
Its like a year gone in this process.. and god knows how long this virus effects be... the council should seriously look into this and look after their residents rather avoiding or delaying the process.

Sab172
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Sab172 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:07 pm

Gard wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:53 pm
Desmond123 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

Lmao!! I didnt recognise mate. I was only the Asian out of 8 in our group. Hahaha its nice innit that we have got so many information from this forum and we had ceremony together and you recognised me😂
Hi, was the ceramony in a group or 1 to 1? Thanks

Doc12345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Doc12345 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:31 pm
MS Teams can be used via the app on the smartphone also.
Hi cullinan

How long it takes to receive certificate after virtual ceremony?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:11 pm

Doc12345 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:31 pm
MS Teams can be used via the app on the smartphone also.
Hi cullinan

How long it takes to receive certificate after virtual ceremony?
It depends on the council. Hounslow sends with Special Delievery next working day. I requested to collect in person though. The registrar allowed me to collect it in person after virtual ceremony so I collected within 20 minutes after virtual ceremony.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

stevenzhang
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stevenzhang » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:29 pm

my local council is Croydon. It has been about three weeks I sent them email requesting to book a virtual citizenship ceremony, but have not heard anything back. Have tried to call the council, no one could give me an answer.

Does anyone experience similar issue at the moment?

kenadams
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kenadams » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Yazzz95 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:07 am
Hi guys,
Have anyone got any update from Newham council ?
Hi - I called them earlier today and they told me to call back in 3 weeks. They said there were no ceremonies whatsoever due to the lockdown.