ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MsE
Newly Registered
Australia

Questions on form AN for naturalisation

Post by MsE » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi,
I’m applying for British citizenship online and I have a couple of questions. I’d be grateful if someone could give me some advice please.

I have ILR and am married to a British citizen

1) as I am married to a British citizen, as far as I can tell, I do not have to intend to remain in the uk when I apply. Is this right? And if that is the case, when they ask that question am I ok to state ‘no’ and detail where we intend to live?
2) when they ask about my trips abroad in the last 3 years, it only allows me to select one country, however some trips I visited multiple countries, and my point of departure was different to point of entry.. how do I answer these questions? I’m assuming it’s the dates that are important rather than the destinations, so as to not exceed the amount of time allowed out of the country

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Questions on form AN for naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:12 pm

1) Good read:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/natural ... sh_citizen

2) Choose final destination. List transit country in the reason section. UK entry/exit dates matter only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 am

MsE wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:27 pm
Hi,
I’m applying for British citizenship online and I have a couple of questions. I’d be grateful if someone could give me some advice please.

I have ILR and am married to a British citizen

1) as I am married to a British citizen, as far as I can tell, I do not have to intend to remain in the uk when I apply. Is this right? And if that is the case, when they ask that question am I ok to state ‘no’ and detail where we intend to live?

This question is just a formality, they can’t stop from living anywhere you like after becoming a citizen. They just want to confirm your allegiance. So say yes.
2) when they ask about my trips abroad in the last 3 years, it only allows me to select one country, however some trips I visited multiple countries, and my point of departure was different to point of entry.. how do I answer these questions? I’m assuming it’s the dates that are important rather than the destinations, so as to not exceed the amount of time allowed out of the country
You only need to state the country of visit and not your transit points.
Bizman

MsE
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MsE » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Thank you!