ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship referees requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wsleunggg24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship referees requirement

Post by wsleunggg24 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm

From what I understand, The requirement of two referees is knowing the applicant for more than 3 years and:
1, Any nationality, professional holding
2, British citizen passport holder, age 25+ or professional holdingCan the referees

I have got one with British citizen passport holder aged 25+, I find it so hard and finally have another referee who are:

British Citizen passport holder with professional holding (professional engineer registered with UK engineering council) but he is living outside UK or EEA, can he be my another referee? I am just unsure as it never state any requirement whether the referee need to be live in UK.

Many Thanks

chadhas
Newly Registered
India

Re: British Citizenship referees requirement

Post by chadhas » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:11 pm

I have the same question. Is Chartered Engineer in UK a qualified professional to become a referee?

wsleunggg24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wsleunggg24 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:18 pm

From what I know Chartered Engineer is qualified professional.
But the main question for me is can he be a referee if his residue outside uk, but holding British Citizen passport and is qualified professional.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 pm

It is best to find referees who are resident in UK.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

wsleunggg24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wsleunggg24 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Thank you CULLINAN.

This is the most ideal to find someone who is resident in UK as her referee, we are trying our best to find one but there ain't anyone who is professional standing, resident in UK and knowing her 3 years+. So if they accept someone is a British Citizen passport holder with professional standing but not a resident in UK, it would be much much easier.

Is it worth to try to submit this one if I finally could not find any other professional standing referee who is resident in UK, as I can't find any requirement from the Home office website the referee need to be a UK resident?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:08 am

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Page 9

You can try and see in your case. If HO does not accept it, they will write to you for additional referee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.