ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to mention past self employment on naturalisation online form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faheemryk
Pakistan

Forgot to mention past self employment on naturalisation online form

Post by Faheemryk » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Hello Gurus

I applied for naturalisation using online form and paid fees on 1st January 2021.
I worked as self employed from 2011 to 2014, during that time, I was on post study worker visa.
In december 2012, I formed my limited company and became director.

on online form, I mentioned all my employment dates in past ten years. However, I forgot to mention that I was working as self employed from 2011 to 2014.

What shall I do now? Online form has already been submitted. Shall I write a covering letter and explain that I was on self employment from 2011 to 2014 ?

My biometrics appointment is on 28th February 2021.

please guide

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Forgot to mention past self employment on naturalisation online form

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Simply add a note in the cover letter and upload before biometrics appointment. No issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Faheemryk
Pakistan

Post by Faheemryk » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Thank you so much Cullinan ... you have always been very helpful. I remember you guided me so well last year when I was applying for my ILR. My ILR application was successful. Special thanks to you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Welcome. Since your biometrics appointment is far on 28th Feb, I would suggest to self-submit the documents.

Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately as stated above.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

chadhas
Newly Registered
India

Post by chadhas » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Who are you addressing the covering letter to? I forgot to add one of my holidays from last year. I am thinking to attach the cover letter. Do you have a format or know who to address it to?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Simply state “Home Office.”

No template needed.