ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Age Limit to apply Student Visa ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smir
Member of Standing
India

Any Age Limit to apply Student Visa ?

Post by smir » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 pm

Hello Friends

This is a general query I am doing on behalf my elder Brother and it would also help others.

Is their any age limit to apply for Student Visa from back home?

I enquires few universities here and they told my brother to contact the University agents back in India who will help them for admissions.

Sadly all agents without first knowing what course he wants to do or what’s my brothers education l; they straight away deny that his admission is not possible as he is over aged and neither he will get visa and neither is he eligible to get admission in Uni because of age.

My brothers age is 46 years running and he has done Bachelors back home with higher managerial experience of nearly 20 plus years.

Please guide

vinny

Re: Any Age Limit to apply Student Visa ?

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:55 pm

I don’t remember seeing an upper age limit for students.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:31 am

Thanks again Vinny

You have always guided and motivated me in right direction

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:18 am

smir wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 pm
neither is he eligible to get admission in Uni because of age.
CounterExample
There is no upper age limit.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:50 am

Does he want to study a undergraduate or graduate degree?

I remember that back in 2017-2018 when I studied my MSc, I saw some students in their 50's (and above I think) during the dissertation week presenting their work. I am 100% convinced that there is no age limit to study.

However I have seen that this could be an issue when applying for a PhD. I am now working with academics and for any reason some supervisors tend to discard mature students, even if they have extraordinary background and qualifications.

By the way, I did not know that UK universities have "agents" in other countries. Guessed that all relevant information for admissions where provided directly by them.