ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony received before approval letter!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shirin22
Newly Registered
Syria

Citizenship ceremony received before approval letter!!

Post by Shirin22 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:31 pm

Hello,
I have applied for naturalisation on September 2021. Today I have received my citizenship ceremony confirmation letter, but my approval letter and email are still not received. My ceremony will be held in one week time, but in order to attend the ceremony I would need to provide my approval reference number which I haven’t received yet from the home office. Has anyone had the same issue, if so could please tell me who I should contact. I was advised to email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk which I have done already but if they take longer than 1 week to reply to my email, my ceremony is likely to be cancelled. Any suggestions on this? Thank you :?

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Re: Citizenship ceremony received before approval letter!!

Post by Frou01 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:00 pm

When you have received a Home Office letter informing you of your ceremony then you have your reference number on there. It’s a 9 digit number starting with 0.
Also you got this number with your acknowledgment when applying for citizenship.

You don’t need any other letter than your Home Office invitation letter to attend.

Sometimes they don’t communicate approvals or often they end up in spam folders unseen.