ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for online applicatiom

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karolmicha

AN Naturalisation Aplication for EUSS holder

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 pm

I will be applying for my british naturalisation by myself, i.e not using a legal representative on my behalf and I have a few questions that I would like to get answers to before I go ahead with sending the application.
1. Is it still fine and acceptable to send the AN British Naturalisation application via post ? As I understand they recommend applying online but would it make any difference to the outcome of my application if I applied by post ?.
2. I have obtained SS 2 years ago (2019). I have been employed continuously for 5 years, however I was also on maternity leave during those 5 years for a year. I took some annual leave prior to taking maternity leave which means I was not present (physically) at the workplace for around 13 months even though I was still an employee (a year of maternity leave + 6 weeks annual leave). I returned to work at the end of my maternity leave. So my question is, would that cause a potiental problem when assessing the continuous 5 year lawful residence ?.
3. I will be supplying my P60's and P45's in support of the application, as well as my passport of course. Will that suffice ? Or should I provide something else ?.
4. I have passed my Life In the UK Test back in 2015 which makes it 6 years ago ? Is that okay or would I be expected to take a new test ?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN Naturalisation Aplication for EUSS holder

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 pm

1. You need to apply online. The paper form is for certain circumstances for those outside the UK, as the form clearly states.

2. Should be fine.

3. Fine.

4. You need to meet the englia language requirement too. Liuk test doesn't expire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Okay great thank you for your reply.
Do you know how the online application works in regards to providing the two referees ?
Do i enter their details on the online application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:34 pm

You complete the details inline, then download and print at the end and ask them to sign once you have pasted your picture on the form. Upload the signed form with all your other documents before your biomterics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Okay thank you :D
Can I also ask you,
On the online form it is asking me if I am either
-An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence documentA family member of -an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card
I hold a SS status since 2019, would that mean that I tick the first option ? Or neither of them.
Thank you

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:05 pm

Will earning less than £100 weekly impact negatively on whether they accept my application ?
Would I be better off waiting until the maternity leave is not in my 5 year lawful residence as Im worried they may refuse based on the maternity leave absence ? Or maybe there are some other documents I could supply that can cover the maternitu leave period ?
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:06 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:05 pm
Will earning less than £100 weekly impact negatively on whether they accept my application ?
Would I be better off waiting until the maternity leave is not in my 5 year lawful residence as Im worried they may refuse based on the maternity leave absence ? Or maybe there are some other documents I could supply that can cover the maternitu leave period ?
Thank you
There are no earnings requirements for naturalisation - it is not an immigration application. Also no issue with maternity leave. For periods where you cannot provide a P60 other official documents are acceptable, such as Council Tax bills, HMRC notifications, DWP child benefit/pension, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:24 am

Okay, thanks
I have all p60's up to the end of year 2020.
For the period of april 2020 until now, would payslips be accepted ?
Also, as I get paid weekly would I be able to upload that many payslips onto the online application? (About 40+ payslips)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 am

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:24 am
Okay, thanks
I have all p60's up to the end of year 2020.
For the period of april 2020 until now, would payslips be accepted ?
Also, as I get paid weekly would I be able to upload that many payslips onto the online application? (About 40+ payslips)
I should think a payslip for each month will be sufficient (i.e. dated near month end - 10 max.).

NB. This thread should be on the "British Citizenship" board where these questions are discussed. A moderator will move it over.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Karolmicha

References for online applicatiom

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:10 pm

I need some clarification in regards to providing references for an online british naturalisation application.
1. Am I correct thinking that you fill out the online application form up to the point of providing references, then print it out and give it to your referee so that they can input the needed information.
2. You also give them the referee declaration form to sign and date.
3. You then login back into the online application and input the details that your referee provided you with.
5. You scan the referee declaration form into the documents section.
6. Is it just the declaration form that needs to be uploaded to the documents ? I assume that 2 separate declaratiom forms would need to be uploaded as there are 2 referees ? Is that correct ?
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: References for online applicatiom

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:12 pm

1) Get all the referee details first.
2) Input it yourself in the online form.
3) Pay and submit.
4) Download and print the referee form.
5) Get referee to sign.
6) Scan and upload.

Repeat same for both referees.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:21 pm

Does the declaration form need to signed and dated with a date AFTER the application is submitted ?
As my referee is my dentist who I will be travelling to in order to collect the details and he will sign the declaration form at the same time.
Would that be okay ?

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:24 pm

I had no idea that you upload the documents only AFTER you submit and pay for the application !!
Is there a timescale on how long youve got to upload the documents ? A couple of days or ?
I have no idea about this online process, would someone be kind enough to explain so I dont make a mistake and lose my money

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:27 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:21 pm
Does the declaration form need to signed and dated with a date AFTER the application is submitted ?
As my referee is my dentist who I will be travelling to in order to collect the details and he will sign the declaration form at the same time.
Would that be okay ?
You can get the referee sign it even now. Ideally anytime up to a month older than application date OR before biometrics.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Thank you for your thorough response :)
So in essence, i can upload the documents anytime after submitting the application and before the biometrics appointment ? How long would that be roughly ? a couple of weeks?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:48 pm
Thank you for your thorough response :)
So in essence, i can upload the documents anytime after submitting the application and before the biometrics appointment ? How long would that be roughly ? a couple of weeks?
45 working days. Around 2 months.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Great, thank you.
Do you know what exactly happens at the biometric appoinment ? Do I need to take anything other than ID with me to this appointment ?
Also, is there a maximum number of files that cam be uploaded in the documents section ? ( as I have quite a few) or there is no limit ?
Thank you

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:23 pm

This is the order of things on the application on the gov.uk website
1.Start
2. Application
3. Documents
4. Declaration
5. Pay
6. Further actions

So based on that it seems that I pay and submit at the very end ?? And documents are supplied before

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Supporting documents are uploaded AFTER your submit and pay for the online form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:26 pm
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Read the steps above again, user CULLINAN has explained it exactly as it is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Okay thank you.
I have a few more questions.
1. On the application its asking me if Im able to provide a BRP with this application ?
What should I tick. Ive never had a BRP.
Should I tick 'i do.not have BRP for my most recent leave' ?
2. Can my child's father be one of my referees ? (Never been married or partners - would he be classed a 'relative') ?
Thank you
3. How do they check that I hold SS ? Would proof of my SS need to be uploaded as a document ?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:50 pm

1) Tick No
2) No
3) Your passport and your email/PDF proof of SS?

SS: Settled Status

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:02 pm

Okay thanks.
Follow up question - I honestly do.not have anyone else but my childs father that could be one of my referees. Is HO able to check that we share a child ?
In the 'how do you know the applicant' he was going to write that we are friends through previous workplace (which is correct).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:09 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Okay thanks.
Follow up question - I honestly do.not have anyone else but my childs father that could be one of my referees. Is HO able to check that we share a child ?
In the 'how do you know the applicant' he was going to write that we are friends through previous workplace (which is correct).
Referees must:
• not be a relative
• not be a solicitor or agent representing you on this application
not be related to the other referee;;
• not be employed by the Home Office;;
• not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the last 10 years
(unless that conviction can be disregarded in line with the table shown in the
Guide);;
• have known the applicant personally;;
• be willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant;;
• advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be
registered.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf