ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Extended Family - Appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHM201
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA Family Permit - Extended Family - Appeal

Post by SHM201 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:44 am

I have received a response today and it is a refusal sadly.

1. You state that the sponsor is your brother and as evidence of your relationship you
have supplied your birth certificate along with your sponsors. It is noted that both of
these birth certificates have been registered over 30 years after your births. You have
supplied no information as to why this is. Without further historical documentation or
evidence of your relationship to the sponsor I am unable to accept that you are related
as claimed.

The documents I provided for this were:
a. My ID card (fathers name is printed)
b. My brothers ID card (fathers name is printed)
c. Family registration certificate: this certificate is shows all members of family and their names/ID card numbers
d. Birth Certificate of my self: In Pakistan, official documentation is a mess. This is why I had to get a new certificate because i had left Pakistan 16yrs ago. so the Birth certificate was newly issued.
e. Birth Certificate of my brother

What I plan to do is: Get a DNA test.

Could somebody suggest please what is the best way to prove a relationship legally accepted in the UK? and if DNA test, is there a specific DNA test.

2. On your application you state that your sponsor has resided in the UK since 2017 and
that you are financially dependent on him. As evidence of this, you have provided money
transfer remittance receipts from your sponsor to you, however, it is noted that these
transfers are dated immediately prior to your application (within the last twelve months).
Unfortunately, this limited amount of evidence in isolation does not prove that you are
financially dependent on your sponsor. I would expect to see substantial evidence of
this over a prolonged period, considering the length of time your sponsor has been
resident in the United Kingdom.

I have shown 1.5yrs of transactions amounting to 750GBP a month on average
I don't have any other document on my brother's name as I was sending this money to my mother for my brother because she could collect from Bank in cash while the brother was working. At that time it was easier that way

Could somebody suggest to me what to do in this case? 1.5yrs of proof isn't enough for them?

3. I would also expect to see evidence which fully details yours and your family’s
circumstances. Your income, expenditure and evidence of your financial position which
would prove that without the financial support of your sponsor your essential living
needs could not be met.

I have shown major expenses of my brother especially driven by 2x special needs kids.

I, therefore, refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that
you meet all of the requirements of regulation 12 (see ECGs EUN2.23) of the
Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

SHM201
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Family Permit - Extended Family - Appeal

Post by SHM201 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:44 am

SHM201
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SHM201 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:01 am

I understood that appeal can be a lengthy process.
Could you please tell me. If the extended family member is only issues EEA family permit late if the refusal is overturned because of appeal. Can he still get a pre-settled status if the date has passed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:43 am

Please continue on your other existing topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.