ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to expect on the day of Biometric? ILR set M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ilr spouse visa application - no biometric

Post by Pancret27 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi everyone

I'm just worried now as i submitted my wife's ilr application (set- M) online on the 22nd October 2020. Since then no contact from the HomeOffice nor we received any appointment for the biometric.
I've seen here that most of the applicants who applied after us have either received their decision or atleast have attended their biometric. I have tried to make an appointment online but can't find any availability either.

So can someone please shed some light! Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr spouse visa application - no biometric

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Pancret27 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:07 pm
Hi everyone

I'm just worried now as i submitted my wife's ilr application (set- M) online on the 22nd October 2020. Since then no contact from the HomeOffice nor we received any appointment for the biometric.
I've seen here that most of the applicants who applied after us have either received their decision or atleast have attended their biometric. I have tried to make an appointment online but can't find any availability either.

So can someone please shed some light! Thanks in advance
The seeking and booking of appointment is to be done by you. You will not receive invitation for the booking. Do note that there is time period you are expected to have attended.your biometrics appointment after submission of application online

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr spouse visa application - no biometric

Post by Pancret27 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Whenever I check for its availability it comes up with no date availability :( so what should we do now?
I remember when we submitted the application there was a msg at the end... the biometrics needs to be done by the 19th Dec but as i said we couldn't get hold of any slot

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Biometric appointment for ILR set M

Post by Pancret27 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi guys

Can someone please advice as we are really worried... I submitted my wife's ilr set M application on the 22nd Oct 2020. At the end of our application we were advised to do the biometric by 18th Dec 2020.

The issue is we are trying to book an appointment since then but unfortunately no success as we could get hold of any of the slots.

So what is next now as I have seen lots of applicants who applied after us and have got their ilr already or atleast have done their biometrics.

Please advise us as this situation is driving me nuts! Will highly appreciate...thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric appointment for ILR set M

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:27 pm

There must have been paid slots available. If you were looking for free slots, they are very scarce. Also, did you not try other areas??

If you don't enroll biomterics, your application could be returned as invalid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pancret27 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:47 pm

I have tried the paid ones but no success even the VIP visit one isn't available!
Any advice what is best bet to do before they decide to return our application as invalid. Thanks

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pancret27 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Just to add no invitation to book an appointment for biometric either:(

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:00 pm

Pancret27 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:47 pm
I have tried the paid ones but no success even the VIP visit one isn't available!
Any advice what is best bet to do before they decide to return our application as invalid. Thanks
Can you check just after midnight? I've read they release new appointments each day at midnight (4 weeks in the future).

What locations have you checked? Be sure to advance the date to the last available day to see if there is anything available. When I first tried it wasn't clear which colour link meant an appointment was available, so be sure to try to click on anything that looks like a link to check.

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pancret27 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:55 am

I have been told by someone that u can't make an appointment until you get an invitation via e-mail.

I'm also been told that some invitations are being sent for app biometric so no physical appointment is needed in that case...

Is the provided information above sounds true?

P.s. I tried last night at 12 but no success :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 am

There is longer an app option. It was discontinued in mid September already.

Did you check your email spam and junk mail folders?

After submitting online, you would have been directed to the ukcvas portal to upload documents and make an appointment.

Have you tried to contact ukcvas by phone??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:54 am

Pancret27 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:55 am
I have been told by someone that u can't make an appointment until you get an invitation via e-mail.

I'm also been told that some invitations are being sent for app biometric so no physical appointment is needed in that case...

Is the provided information above sounds true?

P.s. I tried last night at 12 but no success :(
You need to contact UKVCAS on twitter and see the current status on your application. IDV app was abandoned on 21st Sep 2020. You should have booked an appointment within 45 working days after submission. You are way over your deadline now. If the system is not showing you any option to book now, I am afraid, your application may have been invalid. Note, UKVCAS account stays active even after a decision is made. You need to contact UKVCAS and Home Office also now to check on the status on your application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pancret27 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:03 am

I have just managed to find a paid appointment finally. Thanks for the advice to check at midnight. It worked! Just for the info I paid £135. I did check other centres too but the price was similar but all the slots were paid :(

Now I have 3 questions in my mind

I uploaded and submitted my docs on the 22nd Oct 2020. Got my biometric appointment on the 06 March 2021. Will my wife's application considered by HO as late and overstayer?

Shall we upload our fresh payslips and bank statements for the previous months which are btw date of initial submission and biometric appointment?

Does the queue only starts after biometric? Or will they consider my application from the date of initial upload of my docs. The status is "submitted " for the upload files though.

Thanks everyone for your input in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:22 am

Pancret27 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:03 am
I have just managed to find a paid appointment finally. Thanks for the advice to check at midnight. It worked! Just for the info I paid £135. I did check other centres too but the price was similar but all the slots were paid :(

Now I have 3 questions in my mind

I uploaded and submitted my docs on the 22nd Oct 2020. Got my biometric appointment on the 06 March 2021. Will my wife's application considered by HO as late and overstayer?

We can only guess. Just attend the biometrics and hope for the best. That will be the best approach

Shall we upload our fresh payslips and bank statements for the previous months which are btw date of initial submission and biometric appointment?
No. Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. That is the reference date. Biometrics date is irrelevant wrt to documents date

Does the queue only starts after biometric? Or will they consider my application from the date of initial upload of my docs. The status is "submitted " for the upload files though.

No one can guess. Usually it starts after biometrics but due to the new feature of documents self-submission, you maybe in the queue for biometrics and October 2020 applications stack. In normal circumstances SET(M) is taking around 4.5 months to 5.5 months from date of application (given they provided biometrics on time). In your case, it can only be a guess work

Thanks everyone for your input in advance
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:28 am

Note, usually HO sends you a reminder to book biometrics. If you have not received any you can always argue later if things go wrong (hope not). Given corona delays, I believe you will be okay. Just attend your appointment on 06/3.

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

What to expect on the day of Biometric? ILR set M

Post by Pancret27 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi everyone

Can someone please share their experience in regards what to expect on the day of Biometric for ILR set M.

My wife's appointment is booked @ Hemel Hempstead. We uploaded all the documents online so does she still need to carry all the originals?

Thanks in advance

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: What to expect on the day of Biometric? ILR set M

Post by Pancret27 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Anyone please share their experience...will really appreciate. Thanks

Dantean

Re: What to expect on the day of Biometric? ILR set M

Post by Dantean » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:08 am

I got the email below, the day before my biometric appointment at the Victoria London location. Because it said all the documents were there, I didn't bring them all (some were only electronic to begin with so I would have had to print them out to bring). I would have felt safer bringing them all but it would have taken a while to collect them since most had been scanned and re-filed some time ago so I didn't bring them.

I brought my passport and BRP and a printout of the appointment letter with the QR code.

I use a wheelchair so my experience might be slightly different from most. I'm not sure if there was anything special about the wheelchair accessible room I went to. The room had a desk with a clear partition around it. There was a camera on a tripod on the desk on my side of the partition to take a photo, a fingerprint device and a signature pad.

I gave my passport and printout of appointment letter to the person behind the partition. She scanned it. She reviewed my documents again. I confirmed my cover letter was there and had the right number of pages. She took a photo of me. I did the fingerprints by pressing each finger onto the scanning device. I signed the signature pad. That was all. It took less than 20 minutes.

Email below received day before appointment. I had submitted my uploaded documents about two weeks prior.

Dear Mx Xxxxxx

Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files that were available as of ##/##/####.
  • Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
  • Checked that all documents are legible
  • Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
  • Checked for any obvious missing pages
  • Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.
No action required: Following a review of supporting documents available, we can confirm that:
  • Mandatory documents are present in all required categories
  • All documents are legible
  • All documents have been uploaded to the correct category
  • There are no obvious missing pages in any of the documents
  • All documents are in either English or Welsh language, or are accompanied with an English or Welsh translation that obviously relates to the original

Please ensure that you have read and understood the full requirements for supporting documents by referring to the applicable guidance notes available on GOV.UK.

If you are unable to correct any of the recommendations above, you have the option of bringing your paper supporting documents with you to your appointment and one of our Service Agents will be able scan and upload this for you (charges may apply).

UKVCAS Customer Services

This service is managed and provided by Sopra Steria

Please do not reply to this email address; this email is not monitored. Please use the Contact Us page on www.UKVCAS.co.uk to make an enquiry.