ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship post-Brexit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lizzo13
Newly Registered
United States of America

Certificate of Sponsorship post-Brexit

Post by Lizzo13 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:32 pm

I've been here on a tier 2 visa, which expires in November, and I've just received another job offer. (Same position, different company.) I know that the government used to had a deadline of like the 5th to decide on the 11th every month to issue CoS, but I have also read that there might not be an annual cap on how many are issued now. Gov.uk says, "Applications are usually approved within one working day. It may take longer if UKVI need to carry out further checks on the information in your application." Does this mean that they no longer issue them only once a month?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out roughly how long it should take to get things together, so I have an idea of when I'll be able to turn in my notice and start my new job. It took 8 months from the offer date to actually start last time, but a lot of that was issues with HR. I'm just hoping it won't take as long now that I'm already here and things seem to have been made a bit easier post-Brexit, though I'm not sure how the pandemic is affecting things. I appreciate any information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certificate of Sponsorship post-Brexit

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:42 pm

The ukvi monthly meetings were for CoS required for applications outside the UK.

Applications within the UK never followed this same process of monthly meetings to approve a CoS. If a company has a CoS avilable, they can assign it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lizzo13
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Certificate of Sponsorship post-Brexit

Post by Lizzo13 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 am

Thank you! That makes me feel much better that this can be a quicker process.