ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Cover letter for correction in application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Urgent please help!!! CoS error after submission

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please help with my situation?? My employer issued a CoS for my skilled worker visa but they was a minor error they made while creation in the Salary frequency entry as "For each: week"

Then they corrected in sponsor note saying that "salary is for each month". When i checked with employer they said it's fine and i submitted it and booked appointment for 11 Feb 2021.

But now i actually myself got suspicious that the salary is usually per year Only and right now I'm panicked because the employer can't change my CoS as application is submitted!!!

Can Someone please help what to do now? Is there anyway i can clarify this to HO or only way is to cancel and create new application only??

Please help me out as i worked so hard for this and will be shattered if application is rejected because of this mistake 😥😥 Thanks!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent please help!!! CoS error after submission

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Sponsor note is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for your quick response. But what i am saying is that the employer has made an error in the sponsor note too because they entered the "Gross salary is for each month"

But i strongly believe that "Gross salary is per year"

There are no other errors in the CoS though. My question is - if the sponsor note is also wrong and considering i submitted my application, how can i explain my case please?

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your quick response, please help me with my followup question at your earliest convenience

Best regards
Rajesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:07 pm

So ask them to update the sponsor note if the salary quoted in the CoS is the annual salary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for the help. I read on a forum that CoS can't be added with sponsor notes once it's submitted. Considering my application is submitted, i thought amending the sponsor note in the CoS might not be possible

Are you saying that it's possible for the employer to add the sponsor note and reissue my CoS even after the VISA application is submitted? (My biometric on 11th feb 2021)

Apologies for the inconvenience but i promise this would be the last question

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:20 pm

A sponsor note does not mean a cos is "reissued".

It is simply a kite for ukvi to see an error was made in the cos. I don't know if anything can be done after you have submitted.

I suggest you speak to your employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks again for patiently answering my queries. I have dropped a mail to the employer as well but also wanted to check with the experienced campaigners such as you that is available on this forum

Take care and have a lovely weekend!!!

Rajesh

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Query regarding Cover letter for correction in application

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi all,

After submitting my application, i noticed i made a couple of mistakes in my application and thought of correcting it before the appointment along with other docs on UKVCAS. Now I'm confused which route is better to help the caseworker:
1)Attach separate cover letters for each mistake with the attachment name indicating the error
OR
2) Consolidate both the errors into one cover letter

I thought the first option might be meaningful as it will point the caseworker towards the error and might be easy to read as well. But I'm not sure if it's ok to attach 2 cover letters in support of one application

Can someone please suggest me which is the good option? I would be extremely grateful

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query regarding Cover letter for correction in application

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Hello

Attach a single letter. Short and right to the point explaining the mistakes.

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:39 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:21 pm
Hello

Attach a single letter. Short and right to the point explaining the mistakes.
Hi there,

Many thanks for your response. May i ask one more question please?

Thing is one error is by me selecting 'NO' instead of 'Yes' on world travel history. So i corrected by providing the travel details in cover letter

Other one is an error by my employer in the CoS by providing listed salary as monthly instead of annual

Can i mention these as like mistake 1 and mistake 2 and provide the details in a common cover letter please??

Thanks in advance!!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm

I don't think you can correct a faulty CAS by attaching a letter.

Letters are mainly for errors in the form. Like you forget something in the travel history or address history... etc. I have seen these corrections accepted and taken into account. But I don't see how you can correct an error from the employer issuing a CAS with wrong salary by associating a letter from yourself to rectify.

Include a headed paper letter with HR contacts from your employer for that mistake.

Rajesh991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh991 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:17 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm
I don't think you can correct a faulty CAS by attaching a letter.

Letters are mainly for errors in the form. Like you forget something in the travel history or address history... etc. I have seen these corrections accepted and taken into account. But I don't see how you can correct an error from the employer issuing a CAS with wrong salary by associating a letter from yourself to rectify.

Include a headed paper letter with HR contacts from your employer for that mistake.
Hello Zerubbabel,

Many thanks again for your insights and time. I now understand the seriousness of this issue and will contact my employer first thing already

I guess they don't have to reissue another COS as the SOC and all other major personal details are all correct?

Thanks in advance!!!