ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skasyap
India

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 pm
Just called them and this is what they replied “ I can confirm that the application was received by Her Majesty's Passport Office and administered onto our system on 13/01/2021. The application is currently awaiting examination.”
I hope it is resolved soon for you!!
Thanks CULLINAN.

I personally think they have lost my documents because it’s been exactly 3 weeks and if there was any issue with my application they would have contacted me. Their helpline so useless that only thing I hear from them is there is no timeline for first passport. I am really worried not sure what else I can do.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:13 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:52 pm
Probably wait a few more days and then raise an official complaint with HMPO. They will look into it then. I hope your application progresses tomorrow.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 pm

HMPO Liverpool seems to be processing faster post 20th Jan. Previously I think, it was new for them to receive applications after a long gap and normal operations resumed 11th Jan after holidays. Plus I have noticed, EU citizen’s timeline much faster than non-EU passport holders.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:13 pm
skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:52 pm
Probably wait a few more days and then raise an official complaint with HMPO. They will look into it then. I hope your application progresses tomorrow.
Thanks again.

Yea will wait till 09th of Feb when 3 weeks will be completed since they received my documents on 19th despite it was delivered on 14th. I thought this last stage will go smoothly for me but here I am.

I will definitely make a complain and can’t wait to get this over so that I won’t have to deal with them for the next 10 years. Really frustrated and annoyed 😒

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 pm

I hope you get it sorted soon. No doubt its frustrating! All the best and keep me updated.

Btw my passport is printed and sent just received a notification @930pm status changed.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 pm
I hope you get it sorted soon. No doubt its frustrating! All the best and keep me updated.

Btw my passport is printed and sent just received a notification @930pm status changed.
Oh wow that’s really nice 👍. You must be relieved now !! I will keep you posted on things from my end.

Elle01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Elle01 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

I am really sorry to ask this question but can you once more can I kindly ask what sort of of supporting documents do you need to send please advise your reply will be much appreciated many thanks ❤️

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:57 pm

Elle01 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:56 pm
I am really sorry to ask this question but can you once more can I kindly ask what sort of of supporting documents do you need to send please advise your reply will be much appreciated many thanks ❤️
1) Original Naturalisation certificate.
2) Original Current home country’s passport
AND any other uncanceled passport(s) - if any

PS: First you have to apply online and someone has to confirm your identity online before you can post your documents to HMPO. See my previous message to yourself for details.

Elle01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Elle01 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:57 pm
Elle01 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:56 pm
Many thanks dear you very kind🙏🏾

1) Original Naturalisation certificate.
2) Original Current home country’s passport
AND any other uncanceled passport(s) - if any

PS: First you have to apply online and someone has to confirm your identity online before you can post your documents to HMPO. See my previous message to yourself for details.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:26 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:49 pm
yeha I sincerely hope it's an error ..
another weird thing I noticed was.

When I put my application reference on TnT website it shows two consignments 1 for the passport and the other for the documents, but for my wife, it only shows the passport... so not sure how her documents are getting delivered.
Can you please update on how HMPO Liverpool sent your wife’s documents? Was it Royal Mail or TNT (a separate consignment)? Thanks

I also only see one consignment for my passport with TNT so far.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:12 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:26 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:49 pm
yeha I sincerely hope it's an error ..
another weird thing I noticed was.

When I put my application reference on TnT website it shows two consignments 1 for the passport and the other for the documents, but for my wife, it only shows the passport... so not sure how her documents are getting delivered.
Can you please update on how HMPO Liverpool sent your wife’s documents? Was it Royal Mail or TNT (a separate consignment)? Thanks

I also only see one consignment for my passport with TNT so far.
yeah we got it yesterday in small env so the certificate was folded in half :-(.

The consignment started showing up last week on TNT website, until she got the passport it was showing just 1 entry for a passport.
So I would recommend keep checking it once a week.

Also one trick i noticed was if the SCAN section is not updated with *Driver Picked up Delivery* by 9 am then you won't get it that day.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:32 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:12 am
Thank you for the update and tip. Thats bad that they returned the certificate folded in half in a small envelope. The certificate must be badly creased then! I would suggest you make a complaint and get the certificate replaced for free.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

@Cullinan, there was nothing wrong with my application. After making a formal complain to Liverpool last night, my application is finally approved 10 minutes ago. Oh my days I can’t believe it is finally over. The amount of stress they have given me, I will never forget that.

Anyway all done just waiting for passport now. Thanks for you advice and assurance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm

skasyap wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

@Cullinan, there was nothing wrong with my application. After making a formal complain to Liverpool last night, my application is finally approved 10 minutes ago. Oh my days I can’t believe it is finally over. The amount of stress they have given me, I will never forget that.

Anyway all done just waiting for passport now. Thanks for you advice and assurance.
:lol: Very happy to hear that!! Great news!! Official complaints always work!! Glad you are on track now.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm
skasyap wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

:lol: Very happy to hear that!! Great news!! Official complaints always work!! Glad you are on track now.
Thanks to you.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:32 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:12 am
Thank you for the update and tip. Thats bad that they returned the certificate folded in half in a small envelope. The certificate must be badly creased then! I would suggest you make a complaint and get the certificate replaced for free.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html
thanks mate thats a good idea..will try to apply for it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm

@skasyap

Update: Received my passport today Alhamdulillah. Also, the second consignment (documents) tracking has been updated on TNT delivery date for 9th Feb.

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi Cullinan, congratulations. You can rest easy now, it was such a loooooong journey and you have reached your destination. :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:05 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:52 pm
Hi Cullinan, congratulations. You can rest easy now, it was such a loooooong journey and you have reached your destination. :)
Thank you.. need a break from immigration matters!! Indeed was a long journey!! Good luck for your passport also. You are just around the corner!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm
@skasyap

Update: Received my passport today Alhamdulillah. Also, the second consignment (documents) tracking has been updated on TNT delivery date for 9th Feb.
Congratulations 🎉 👏 finally it’s all done and dusted !! Really happy for you !! No more immigration/
Visa drama. Time to celebrate 🎊 Goodluck !!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:01 am

skasyap wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm
@skasyap

Congratulations 🎉 👏 finally it’s all done and dusted !! Really happy for you !! No more immigration/
Visa drama. Time to celebrate 🎊 Goodluck !!
Thanks man.. same to you.. !! Good luck and stay safe.. you will receive yours too early next week.

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by westminster1213 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Hi everyone, I received my passport on Tuesday from HMPO Liverpool but no update on the documents. Does anybody know what the waiting time for that might be and who is best to contact?

Many thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:33 pm

westminster1213 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm
Hi everyone, I received my passport on Tuesday from HMPO Liverpool but no update on the documents. Does anybody know what the waiting time for that might be and who is best to contact?

Many thanks,
Did you track on TNT website? Is the consignment not showing up there? You can check my timeline in the timelines thread for an idea.

westminster1213
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by westminster1213 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:34 pm

no consignment on TNT website except the passport. ok i think ill probably wait till Monday.

Is there a way to complaint etc?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:35 pm

westminster1213 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:34 pm
no consignment on TNT website except the passport. ok i think ill probably wait till Monday.

Is there a way to complaint etc?
You can call HMPO to make a complaint.