ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child citizenship help.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Happydays11

child citizenship help.

Post by Happydays11 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm

one of my friend aunty and his 14 years old child for ilr based on DV back in 2019.

aunty may not be able to apply for BC cuz of english but can child can apply alone?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: child citizenship help.

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:24 pm

What is the immigration status of child’s other patent?

Does the child’s mother has sole parental responsibility?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:30 pm

yes she has sole responsibility, she divorced back in 2014 after coming to UK her husband had ILR but his status is he become BC or not . they are not in contact.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 pm

Was the child born in UK or abroad? How long the child has lived in UK?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Born outside

Living since 2011

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:41 pm

Any idea @ cullinan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:01 pm

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:50 am

Happydays11 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm
aunty may not be able to apply for BC cuz of english but can child can apply alone?
After the child turns 16, they would have a better chance of success for registration as a British citizen.
Registration of children as British citizens caseworker guidance wrote: (Page 29)
It will rarely be right to register a child neither of whose parents is or is about to become a British citizen. However, each case must be considered on its individual merits and there may be exceptional circumstances to justify registration in a particular case such as:

older children (16 and above) who have spent most of their life in the UK or children who require citizenship to follow a particular career such as in the Armed Forces
• the child’s future clearly lies in the UK
• the person making the application has day-to-day responsibility for the child’s upbringing and is, or is about to become, a British citizen

Any section 3(1) application where we are proposing to refuse an older teenager who has spent most of their life in the UK (at least 10 years) must be signed off by DCCW. This applies in all cases, including where neither of the child’s parents is a British citizen or settled in the UK. An older teenager should be considered to be at least 16 years old at the date of consideration.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.