ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Route to use - British spouse or ILR?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Which Route to use - British spouse or ILR?

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:51 am

Does it say submitted in front of each file name?

For example “File A (submitted)”?

Yes the documents are sent from your side, but maybe the DCS service will block them until they are checked. I am not sure if they will be checked before your appointment due to the DCS service. I can not guarantee though.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:51 am
Does it say submitted in front of each file name?

For example “File A (submitted)”?

Yes the documents are sent from your side, but maybe the DCS service will block them until they are checked. I am not sure if they will be checked before your appointment due to the DCS service. I can not guarantee though.
It has Submitted at the end of each file, it’s like ‘File A Submitted’.
Yes that’s what I wasn’t sure about, I don’t know if document checking service can be done just by reviewing those documents online from their end, or it has to be reviewed against the originals during the appointment. I didn’t want the document checking in the first place, but it’s included in the enhance service point - how frustrating!
Maybe I will call that expensive helpline to find out? :|

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 pm

I would suggest you just wait patiently now. I dont think this will be a big issue waiting a couple more days/weeks. When is your appointment? UKVCAS helpline will be a waste of time and money.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 pm
I would suggest you just wait patiently now. I dont think this will be a big issue waiting a couple more days/weeks. When is your appointment? UKVCAS helpline will be a waste of time and money.
Thank you, trying to be patient but can’t get over the fact that I paid more to have the submission stalled! Feeling pretty gutted.

My appointment is about 3 weeks away :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:58 pm

These days the process till the British Passport maybe exhausting given corona delays at every stage. I would suggest you save your energy and patience for the later stages. Dont worry.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:58 pm
These days the process till the British Passport maybe exhausting given corona delays at every stage. I would suggest you save your energy and patience for the later stages. Dont worry.
Thank you!

herrrr
United Kingdom

Passport Stamps

Post by herrrr » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi, just a week or so till my UKVCAS appointment- as you’ve seen I have submitted the documents through their website already, but just don’t know if any staff has performed document checking and my submission has gone through.
But seeing the UKVCAS appointment as my last chance of uploading any documents - may I double check if I haven’t missed anything.

My understanding is as a non-EU national, passport stamps are used as proof of living in UK during the qualifying period. My question is, is it correct that as long as I have stamps for entering the UK then that’s enough? What if I have travelled from UK to somewhere that didn’t require passport stamps when entering? Will HO still be able to evidence my date of departure using for example, the departure flight etc.? As I haven’t prepared any other documents for this such as employment letter, feeling slightly panicking. Thanks!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:15 pm

Throughout your immigration journey, have you at any time held status under either the EEA Regulations or the Settled Status route for EEA citizens and their family members?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:17 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:15 pm
Throughout your immigration journey, have you at any time held status under either the EEA Regulations or the Settled Status route for EEA citizens and their family members?
Thanks for your reply. No I have never been on EEA route, and not an EEA family member either.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:20 pm

herrrr wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:17 pm
No I have never been on EEA route, and not an EEA family member either.
Then in that case, your passport stamps should be sufficient as your passport should have been stamped at least every time you re-entered the UK (and likely even when travelling within the EU before Brexit).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:24 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:20 pm
herrrr wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:17 pm
No I have never been on EEA route, and not an EEA family member either.
Then in that case, your passport stamps should be sufficient as your passport should have been stamped at least every time you re-entered the UK (and likely even when travelling within the EU before Brexit).
Thank you. It was a time when I travelled to my home country (non-EU) that my passport wasn’t stamped. Every time re-entering UK I had my passport stamped though. Will passport itself still be sufficient? I was imaging some sort of way that HO knows when we depart anyway.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:28 pm

herrrr wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:24 pm
I was imaging some sort of way that HO knows when we depart anyway.
API information filed by you with the airline at the time of taking the flight...

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:28 pm
herrrr wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:24 pm
I was imaging some sort of way that HO knows when we depart anyway.
API information filed by you with the airline at the time of taking the flight...
Thank you, I didn’t know it existed. Sorry back to what worried me in the first place - am I right that re entering UK stamps are sufficient? Thanks.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Passport Stamps

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 am

Hi

Appreciate if anyone could let me know about the passport stamps - are entering UK stamps sufficient if the places you visited didn’t require stamps?

Also, I scanned my whole passport as an evidence of stamps - is it necessary to include a cover letter to specify which pages the stamps are on?

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:25 pm

UK border stamps are sufficient. A cover letter is not required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:23 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:25 pm
UK border stamps are sufficient. A cover letter is not required.
Hi, thank you for your reply. The guidance regarding the document did mention the stamps ‘when entering the UK’. It’s just I read at another forum that there was one person only had re-entering UK stamps not destination stamps, and got questioned by HO for more evidence. The evidence then got lost when posting to HO and he got rejected and had to go through reconsideration process...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 pm

Can't comment or recommend anything further on whether and how to pre-handle - of course, if you have all the details of destination countries you could summarise it in a separate note, plus explain why you supply the information.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:58 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 pm
Can't comment or recommend anything further on whether and how to pre-handle - of course, if you have all the details of destination countries you could summarise it in a separate note, plus explain why you supply the information.
Thank your for your reply, it’s much appreciated.

herrrr
United Kingdom

BRP

Post by herrrr » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 pm

Hi me again; I seem to have been finding a little something else to concern about as the days are approaching to my Biometric Appointment!

I was just going through the AN guide again, and saw the below regarding evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions. I automatically thought this would be BRP, but should I actually provide the ILR approval letter as the BRP is not in the list??

Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
• Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK
• The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain permanently in the UK
• If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker you should have evidence that you were not in the UK without permission between exhausting your appeal rights and being granted indefinite leave to remain.
• Evidence of being freely landed, if you did not receive specific permission because you were freely landed as a Commonwealth citizen before 1971 or arrived as a child on your parent’s passport.

Does anyone know for sure using for BRP for this is OK.. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:40 pm

Brp card only. You really are overthinking this process completely
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:40 pm
Brp card only. You really are overthinking this process completely
Thank you. I couldn’t help! The lockdown is magnifying the anxiety.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Biometric Appointment experience

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Thought I’d give some experience on my biometric appointment, especially regarding the document submission if document checking service was purchased.
Attended my appointment yesterday - after the photo finger prints and signature were taken, the staff said my documents have been checked and they are all fine, no further action was needed and they can all be submitted to home office. Note that he didn’t spend much time on browsing my pre-submitted documents so I assume the checking was done beforehand. After scanning my passport again (non-blank pages only I think) I was OK to go.
After the appointment I received an email saying that my documents were checked and they are OK, no further action was needed. It also said if you do have an action needed you can do that at your appointment. So obviously I should have received this email before I attended my appointment but I only received it afterwards. It’s likely that they have left the document checking very late and my documents were not submitted when I self-submitted online a few of weeks ago after all!! I still don’t know when they checked my document that’s for sure!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 am

In short, Documents Checking Service is a waste as I have been repeatedly commenting on the forum. Anyways, it is done and dusted, sit tight and enjoy the next ride.

herrrr
United Kingdom

Post by herrrr » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:19 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 am
In short, Documents Checking Service is a waste as I have been repeatedly commenting on the forum. Anyways, it is done and dusted, sit tight and enjoy the next ride.
Thank you :)