ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for online applicatiom

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: References for online applicatiom

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:59 pm
Great, thank you.
Do you know what exactly happens at the biometric appoinment ? Do I need to take anything other than ID with me to this appointment ?
Self-submit your documents before biometrics (at least up to 48hrs before appointment. Carry only originals, passport and appointment confirmation QR code. No need to print soft copies. Only passport and appointment confirmation will be checked
Also, is there a maximum number of files that cam be uploaded in the documents section ? ( as I have quite a few) or there is no limit ?
No limit on number of files but each file should be less than 6MB
Thank you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:22 pm

He is not my relative - we are not related. He is not related to the other referee either.
He is related to my child, but not to me.
Its a tricky one I quess and the explanation they give is quite vaque.
If they decide to contact my referees and and class him as not suitable would I have an option to provide an alternative referee ? (just thinking ahead)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:22 pm
He is not my relative - we are not related. He is not related to the other referee either.
Its a tricky one I quess and the explanation they give is quite vaque.
If they decide to contact my referees and and class him as not suitable would I have an option to provide an alternative referee ? (just thinking ahead)
I have quoted the guidance. You have to make your own interpretations and decision. I believe you can NOT use someone who is father of your child. If you wish you may use. HO will write to you if other referee is needed. Note the referee has to make a declaration. If false declaration is made, referee and you will face the consequences.
That I understand that I could be fined up to £5,000, or go to prison for up to
3 months, if I knowingly give false information.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:30 pm

That is fair enough, I understand, thank you very much for your explanantion👍

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:32 pm

Relation: Father of “your” child.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:05 pm

Okay, I understand.
The online form is also asking me if I have made any previous UK immigration applications in Uk or abroad.
1 - I have applied for SS in 2019 and was granted it so I will include that in my answer,
BUT I have also applied for residence permit back in 2015 which was refused and instead I was issued with a registration certificaticate.
However I cannot remember exactly when in 2015 I applied for this residence permit and I have also now lost the expired registration certificate that they sent me in 2015 (it would be expired by now and I hold the SS so would be irrelevant anyway)
So can I leave this out ? And only include the SS application in mt answer ?

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:14 pm

1. Also, it is asking for a 10 year employment history but I have only been working / employed for the past 6 years. Is that okay ? Can they refuse because of that ?
2. Should i upload p60s AND payslips AND letters from employers or will p60s be enough and anything extra is not neccessary ? Im so paranoid that I wont include enough documents and they could refuse my application on that basis :(

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:19 pm

3. Also, other than proof of my work (p60s etc.) Do i upload other documents that prove where i lived ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:19 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:14 pm
1. Also, it is asking for a 10 year employment history but I have only been working / employed for the past 6 years. Is that okay ? Can they refuse because of that ? No - employment is not a requirement for naturalisation - you list the 6 years employment and remainder you mark as unemployed
2. Should i upload p60s AND payslips AND letters from employers or will p60s be enough and anything extra is not neccessary ? Im so paranoid that I wont include enough documents and they could refuse my application on that basis :( There's no need to submit multiple documents - P60s are sufficient. And only for the residency period of five years back from the application date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:20 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:19 pm
3. Also, other than proof of my work (p60s etc.) Do i upload other documents that prove where i lived ?
You don't need to supply proof of addresses.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:22 pm

Great, thank you !.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 am

Am I correct thinking that Im supposed to take pictures of all my documents (payslips, p60s, passport, referee declaration forms etc.) and then upload them as images (jpeg format) ? Or do I need turn those images into pdf format and upload them as pdf ?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:53 am

I think the preferred format is PDF - there are plenty of apps to create PDFs if you don't have a scanner. Whether jpeg or PDF the file sizes shouldn't exceed 6 MB and B&W image.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:52 am

Thank you for claryfing this 👍

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 pm

So I will be submitting and paying for my naturalisation application very soon after which I will upload all the documents that ive been carefully collecting the past few months.
I still have a few once over questions to clarify;
1. In the employmet history section, for the 2 jobs which I started over 5 years i do not remember the exact start date, i only remember the month, is it okay to put the 1st of that month as a start date ?.
2. There is a 2 week break between the two of my jobs in the qualifying period ( i left 1 job and started a new one 2 weeks later) I understand that is acceptable and will not interrupt my 5 year lawful residence requirement ?.
3. The pictures of documents that i will be uploading for the 5 year period (feb 2016 to feb 2021) are:
- p60s & p45 for the period from the end of year 2015 to the end of year 2019. As a p60 for this year has not been issued yet, i will also upload a payslip for each month for the period from 04.2019 to 02.2021 but as I get paid weekly i will only upload 1 payslip for each month (someone here has mentioned that should be sufficient) or should i upload all of them ? (That would be over 80+payslips)
- do i need to include anything else than a p60 in regards to my maternity leave ?
- letter from HO that says i have been granted SS on 04.2019. The letter says that it is not proof of my SS (as SS can only be confirmed online), but it is the only correspondence i have. Is that okay?
- 2 declaration forms for each of my referees
- my current passport as well as my previous passport that covers qualifying period
- life in uk test.
Have i missed anything else ?
Also what would be the grounds for my application being refused ? As in, if i do not supply enough documents would the HO then ask for more ? Or will they just reject the application and thats that ?.
Really worried about losing my money in case I make a mistake in my application or not supply enough documents :(

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:22 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 pm
So I will be submitting and paying for my naturalisation application very soon after which I will upload all the documents that ive been carefully collecting the past few months.
I still have a few once over questions to clarify;
1. In the employmet history section, for the 2 jobs which I started over 5 years i do not remember the exact start date, i only remember the month, is it okay to put the 1st of that month as a start date ?. Yes, estimated dates are fine.
2. There is a 2 week break between the two of my jobs in the qualifying period ( i left 1 job and started a new one 2 weeks later) I understand that is acceptable and will not interrupt my 5 year lawful residence requirement ?. No issue.
3. The pictures of documents that i will be uploading for the 5 year period (feb 2016 to feb 2021) are:
- p60s & p45 for the period from the end of year 2015 to the end of year 2019. As a p60 for this year has not been issued yet, i will also upload a payslip for each month for the period from 04.2019 to 02.2021 but as I get paid weekly i will only upload 1 payslip for each month (someone here has mentioned that should be sufficient) or should i upload all of them ? (That would be over 80+payslips) Just upload a payslip per month for the period you don't have a P60 for. A P60 is actually the summery of the payslips for a year so doesn't make sense to load them all as well. You are not proving earnings it's about residency.
- do i need to include anything else than a p60 in regards to my maternity leave ? As you were still employed so P60s are fine.
- letter from HO that says i have been granted SS on 04.2019. The letter says that it is not proof of my SS (as SS can only be confirmed online), but it is the only correspondence i have. Is that okay? OK plus the reference number/code.
- 2 declaration forms for each of my referees ok
- my current passport as well as my previous passport that covers qualifying period ok
- life in uk test. OK
Have i missed anything else ? English B1 Test Certificate?
Also what would be the grounds for my application being refused ? As in, if i do not supply enough documents would the HO then ask for more ? Or will they just reject the application and thats that ?.I know everyone is very nervous about how many documents to supply - caseworkers know what they are looking for/at - in my case I "only" submitted eight documents .... no issue.
Really worried about losing my money in case I make a mistake in my application or not supply enough documents :( You will only be refused if you don't satisfy the legal requirements, i.e. can't show residency, excessive absences, good character issues, .... you won't be refused for a little mistake ....

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:58 am

Great, thank you
The only reference number for the SS letter is at the top of the letter and its 16 digits long, I suppose that it is the ref number needed to authenticate my SS, right ?.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm

I expect so .... never applied for settled status so don't know exactly what's on the letter.
Also, I take it you've got the English B1 pass?

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Yes I have the B1 test passed at trinity college :)
Really anxious about finally applying but given that all the doubts and questions I had were answered, I think I should be granted the naturalisation.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Good luck!
Every year thousands of people apply for naturalisation and get approved - we were all in that situation at some stage, with all the doubts and worries.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Thank you :D
.. i have just realised that one of my referees has signed their name, signature and date in their referee declaration form in blue pen.
Would this be an issue with HO? To be honest I cant find any guidance on the referee declaration form and whether blue ink would be acceptable?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:03 pm
Thank you :D
.. i have just realised that one of my referees has signed their name, signature and date in their referee declaration form in blue pen.
Would this be an issue with HO? To be honest I cant find any guidance on the referee declaration form and whether blue ink would be acceptable?
No - slight overthink - as long as it's legible on the uploaded file then it's ok.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Great, thank you for reassurance, thats one less thing to worry about.
1. Also the form is asking me about my date of first arrival to the uk. I first arrived in uk as a child which was over 16 years ago in july 2005 which was for a holiday- honestly i dont remember the date and no way of retrieving. I then went back to my country.
I then arrived again a year later in june 2006 which is when i stayed for good - cannot remember exact date either. Which date should i put then ? 2005 or 2006 ? Can i put an estimate for the day of the month?
1. When it comes to my employers addresses, should i put the address where i physically attend work or the address that the company is registered at? As in I work in a delivery office in north london but the company (royal mail) is registered in central london
3. How do i count the 1st day of my 5 year qualifying period ? Is it 5 years from when i submit the application ?.

Thank you :)

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:31 pm

If someone could help me clarify the questions I posted above, then I would be ever so grateful :)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Karolmicha wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm
Great, thank you for reassurance, thats one less thing to worry about.
1. Also the form is asking me about my date of first arrival to the uk. I first arrived in uk as a child which was over 16 years ago in july 2005 which was for a holiday- honestly i dont remember the date and no way of retrieving. I then went back to my country.
I then arrived again a year later in june 2006 which is when i stayed for good - cannot remember exact date either. Which date should i put then ? 2005 or 2006 ? Can i put an estimate for the day of the month? June 2006 - exact date not required.
1. When it comes to my employers addresses, should i put the address where i physically attend work or the address that the company is registered at? As in I work in a delivery office in north london but the company (royal mail) is registered in central london Use the company address in central Lonond.
3. How do i count the 1st day of my 5 year qualifying period ? Is it 5 years from when i submit the application ?.Ye, 5 Years back from your application date.

Thank you :)