ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo and proof of Company director/self Empl requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rockey
Member of Standing

Naturalisation urgent queires !

Post by Rockey » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Dear Senior respected friends!
On completion of 1 year after ILR (LR) , I am going to apply Naturalisation but I got stuck on following queries, It will highly be obliged if any senior member can reply these quieres!

Employment Details:
1-Are you currently employed? (should I say yes or No but I said YES! I am currently director of my own limited company but not taking any salary)
a-What is your occupation? (I said Director) Is that correct
b-Your type of employment (I said Self Employed and Director) is that correct
c-Start Date? (I put date of my company formation which xx.xx.2015) Is that correct)

2-Do you plan for your main home to be in the UK if your application is successful?
I said YES

3-If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? I said No

4-Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen? I said NO

5-Once the questions for the main applicant have been completed, you will be able to add additional applicants to this application, such as a family member or dependant---
Additional applicant – (What should I give answer to Additional applicant – I left blank because I am apply for myself only, wife and children will complete their own 10 years LR after few years). Is that ok to leave blank without adding any additional applicant?

6-How does referee know the applicant? (I put Social acquaintance for both referees, is that ok?)
My one referee’s job title is ‘Principle Network Engineer’ (British Passport) and other professional referee is a ‘Director’ of his own limited company (British Passport) , are both acceptable?

Proof requirements:
i-What shall I show for this question, Mr XX’s proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions?

ii-Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxxxxx for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen (Only Passport where my travels dates are stamped. Is that ok?)

iii-Mr XX's most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment (I am director of my own ltd company, not taking any wages- So do I only need to give latest submitted Self-Assessment in PDF?, but SA does not show any my company name!)
Best Regards

Rockey

natsha
United States of America

Re: Naturalisation urgent queires !

Post by natsha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:41 pm

I recently Made application as Company Director and self-employed.

So I can Help you all question.

1-Only Director Is fine.
A-( Occupation Director OK)
B- Director Only but if send self-assessment and paid tax then you need to click both as send last year tax return information. But if you not filled any self-assessment last 2 year then only Director fine.
c- Start date of Company Registration in a company house.

2-Fine
3-Fine
4-Fine
5-You need to add details of your Partner or all children. Because during application Question if anyone depends on you and not applying this time with you. That means you need to put on peoples who depend on you. For example, Spouse, etc.
6- both fine

Proof Requirement:
1-BRP card and Last Visa Application Approved letter from HOME OFFICE
2- All passport scan pages (IN-OUT STAMPS) Last 5-year.
3-This option coming because you click both director and self-employed
if you filled tax return then you can need to send last year company tax return and self-assessments, but if you not filled any self-assessment then Click Only one option Director. so then not required this.

Thanks

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am

Thanks Natsha-

Any sernior members cullinan, samba and others if can shade some light on it pls! Specially i am concerned about questin number 5 , no one is applying with me then why would i need to add another applicant! I think i should not add ?

One more query: PLS
- I had an incident in 2013, one of my colleague who was upset with me made a complaint at Police station that I had scratched his car in night while going past, obviously I denied! however i had to pay £400 , otherwise he would have gone to court without proof , as my visa was in process that time hence i did not take any risk! I asked PO that have i been charged with any charges, he said NO , he said this incident wont be in National data base but it will remain in local police station but there were no charges at all like caution , warning etc ! Do I need to explain on application form if yes then where? I asked same query to Criminal Lawyer he said , i dont need to mention because there were no charges at all but i am concerned about this incidence !

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:42 pm

it will highly be appreciated if any seniour friend reply pls!!
Best Regards

Rockey

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Rockey wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am
Thanks Natsha-

Any sernior members cullinan, samba and others if can shade some light on it pls! Specially i am concerned about questin number 5 , no one is applying with me then why would i need to add another applicant! I think i should not add ?

- I had an incident in 2013, one of my colleague who was upset with me made a complaint at Police station that I had scratched his car in night while going past, obviously I denied! however i had to pay £400 , otherwise he would have gone to court without proof , as my visa was in process that time hence i did not take any risk! I asked PO that have i been charged with any charges, he said NO , he said this incident wont be in National data base but it will remain in local police station but there were no charges at all like caution , warning etc ! Do I need to explain on application form if yes then where? I asked same query to Criminal Lawyer he said , i dont need to mention because there were no charges at all but i am concerned about this incidence !

- If there's no one else to be included in the application then say NO obviously. It's just an option for partners and/or children if they qualify.

- Regarding the case you described, you were not found guilty of anything, there was no caution recorded, then on the face of it there's nothing to disclose - in my opinion. Strange that the police said it will stay local, doesn't sound like a standard procedure. I guess the £400 was paid to the other party directly without any legal agreement, a sort of "goodwill" gesture, a private arrangement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:11 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:04 pm
Rockey wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am
Thanks Natsha-

- If there's no one else to be included in the application then say NO obviously. It's just an option for partners and/or children if they qualify.

- Regarding the case you described, you were not found guilty of anything, there was no caution recorded, then on the face of it there's nothing to disclose - in my opinion. Strange that the police said it will stay local, doesn't sound like a standard procedure. I guess the £400 was paid to the other party directly without any legal agreement, a sort of "goodwill" gesture, a private arrangement.
Thankyou so much alterhase58 for quick reply , much appreciated!
you are right it was without legal agreement , even i tranasfered that 400 directly into claimant's account - As I denied so PO said then the case will go to court hence i had to accept responsiblity because of that PO said the you wont be charged for this time but the record will remain in our local Police station which will not be a part of National crime data base!

In regard to query 1- that i asked what should i say yes or no to Currently employed question! As i am currently director of my own company but not taking any salary hence i am not on payroll , should I say Yes to question number 1? (pls to be noted that i also submit Self Assessement every year because before starting limited company in 2014 , i was registered as self employed as well.

So following documents would be ok to upload please;

1- Passport (including all two expired ones) however my five year travel history covers on new passport!
2- -BRP card and Last Visa Application Approved letter from HOME OFFICE
3- Full Self Assessemnt in PDF YE 19-20
4-CT-600 for limited company latest YE 20
5-Master Degree UK Awarded
6-Life in UK test was done Nov 2019
7-Two referee declarations , Both British , one It related job holder and other as professional who is director of limited company

Anything else a part of these pls
Best Regards

Rockey

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm

1- Passport (including all two expired ones) however my five year travel history covers on new passport!
7-Two referee declarations , Both British , one It related job holder and other as professional who is director of limited company
Note:
1 - Only the passport(s) covering the five year residency period needed
2 - BRP card only

Otherwise ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:52 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Note:
1 - Only the passport(s) covering the five year residency period needed
2 - BRP card only

Otherwise ok.
Thankyou so much for quick reply! so it means from 1-7 listed documents can be sent!

and what about first query pls :
Employment Details:
1-Are you currently employed? (should I say yes or No ? (I am currently director of my own limited company but not taking any salary hence i am not on payrroll ) i am not sure its considered as employment!
Best Regards

Rockey

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 pm

I can only refer you to member natsha's reply to your query.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:52 am

Hi Senior Gurus
can any one reply above queires pls
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Photo and proof of Company director/self Empl requirement

Post by Rockey » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi Seniors , hope every one will be good!

I tried to ask question before from seniors but could not get answer properly: it will be appreciated if can be answered queries if possible!

Question first is : Are you employed ? As I am director of my own company but not taking any salary but I am also self employed registered , had a last year Self Assessment done!
Can i answer YES Or No to first question-

What documents do i need to send,Do i need to send only last year CT600 and Self Assessment or do i need to send all five years?

I have two year old photoes , is that ok to attach on referee form?

And have I to upload documents in black and white only or Colour ? or allowed to upload both in gray and colours
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Re: Photo and proof of Company director/self Empl requirement

Post by Rockey » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:45 pm

Dear Gurus anyone is availble to help pls!
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Dear seniors,

I have been so lucky since i joined this group for more than 6 years , every one taking part to help i got really benefited from this group , for that i am much obliged. But this time i am really surprised no seniors are willing to help for small queries which are very important to me , i am just going to apply and ready to submit but just waiting for answers , but i m clueless no seniors look to be interested !!

1st query is very important that being director of my own company i m employed or not ? i am not taking any wages, i have been submitting self assessment since 2015, does it mean i am self employed as well?
If Say yes to first question then it asks since when .. what should write here is it company formation date like in 2013 because i have director since that time . If write i have been director since 2013 then HO may reject my naturalisation that how can i work during entrepreneur visa however its my own company but still HO may get confused because i was on payroll in 2016 for six months!! Please its very important query my senior friends if you can reply!!!!!!!
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:19 am

is there anyone pls?
Best Regards

Rockey

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:36 pm

I can only address a couple of your points:
1 - Pictures for referee form - they should be recent pictures, not more than six months old - two years is a bit too out of date .....
2 - If you are self-employed then the latest self-assessment return/report as submitted should be included.
Can't comment about the issue with the registration year of your company falling into your period under visa status - probably something most people are not familiar with. Perhaps someone with a recently approved similar application could comment.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:12 pm

Thankyou so much alterhase58 !

i hope someone can help regarding employment query ! i will wait - i am just waiting then will submit ...
Best Regards

Rockey

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Rockey wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 pm
Dear seniors,

I have been so lucky since i joined this group for more than 6 years , every one taking part to help i got really benefited from this group , for that i am much obliged. But this time i am really surprised no seniors are willing to help for small queries which are very important to me , i am just going to apply and ready to submit but just waiting for answers , but i m clueless no seniors look to be interested !!

1st query is very important that being director of my own company i m employed or not ? i am not taking any wages, i have been submitting self assessment since 2015, does it mean i am self employed as well?
If Say yes to first question then it asks since when .. what should write here is it company formation date like in 2013 because i have director since that time . If write i have been director since 2013 then HO may reject my naturalisation that how can i work during entrepreneur visa however its my own company but still HO may get confused because i was on payroll in 2016 for six months!! Please its very important query my senior friends if you can reply!!!!!!!
1. No you are not . Employment requires setting up payroll arrangements with hmrc and your case I don’t think that was done . Directors can be paid in dividends if the are also shareholders which is a business activity and not employment.
2. Submitting self assessment to pay tax on your dividends doesn’t make you self employed. Actually in the self assessment form you have to tick the box where it says you are a company director. There’s another box for self employed people which in yiur case would have remained unticked. So no you are not self employed either .

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:53 pm

SO nice of you Khaleed!

I think you are right i cant be self employed thats for sure but i must have to answer YES or No to the following question: i know i am not on payroll for my own company then what should i tick here then?

Are you employed: if i say yes then these are options are coming which one is correct:

What is your occupation : .......... i dont know it should be a director?

what type of employment;
a- an employee,
b-self employed
c-director
e-other (eg. voluntary worker , studying)
Best Regards

Rockey

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:08 pm

If this is your primary job and you are the director and shareholder of the business then I would say choose option C .

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:20 pm

Yes Khaleed this is my primary work/job , i got only this limited company since 2013!

So i think my answer should be YES to Are you employed !
In occupation i can put Managing director
And in c-director is correct answer i guess because i am the only owner-

and then asking since when then i reckon i should put the date of formation of company which is 2013 but i am not sure though!

And last Financial YE Account should be ok to upload as proof!
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:36 pm

more over anyone can input their opinions because i could be wrong and no one is sure regarding this query to be honest !! i hope i am not giving wrong answers!
Best Regards

Rockey

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 pm

Dear all friends, I have got an appointment in mid of march 21, just wanted to make sure if anything needs to be uploaded a part from these documents! being a current director i am uploading last year financial accounts copy but i had a job in 2013 and 2019 so do i need to upload P60 ? I am not sure why its needed!

1- Passport (including all two expired ones) however my five year travel history covers on new passport! (do i need to scan only travel stamped pages or all? and do i need to upload separate file of full passport?_)
2- -BRP card
3- Full YEAR END Account of the limited company
4--Master Degree UK Awarded
5-Life in UK test was done Nov 2019
6-Two referee declarations , Both British , one IT related job holder and other as professional who is An accountant .
Is any colour copy is acceptable?

Anything else a part of these pls
Best Regards

Rockey