ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sean2606
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by sean2606 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:58 am

nevsito wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:01 am
sean2606 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:33 am
Finally... after a long wait (15 days short of 6 months) my wife's SET(M) has been approved. Applied 19/08/20, decision received 04/02/21. Hang in there all those who have applied.
Congrats sean2602! Hopefully my wife's is not too far behind now, (Sep 2nd application). Am seeing a trend smoewhat for Set (M) approvals taking 5 & 1/2 months
Thanks nevsito, early yesterday morning i had checked the timelines on here and saw 2 SET(M)s had received approval, one from the 17/08 and the other 20/08 so was hoping ours was next. Fingers crossed you wife should get hers soon.

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 pm

nevsito wrote:
sean2606 wrote:
Finally... after a long wait (15 days short of 6 months) my wife's SET(M) has been approved. Applied 19/08/20, decision received 04/02/21. Hang in there all those who have applied.
Congrats sean2602! Hopefully my wife's is not too far behind now, (Sep 2nd application). Am seeing a trend smoewhat for Set (M) approvals taking 5 & 1/2 months
Yes, looks like from 4.5 to 5.5 months, I think there was a Sept applicant that came through recently. I am approaching 3 months and I escalated through MP couple of days ago, they've got back saying that they have written to HO. Escalated on the basis of not being able to work

jmcalla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jmcalla » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi everyone, I finally received my approval email today, after almost 6 months waiting! Timeline and details below if it helps anyone...

ILR Set M (no dependants, cat d)
Application date: 20th August 2020
Biometrics through IDV App: 5th September 2020
Approval e-mail: 5th February 2021

Now waiting for the BRP card!

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:39 pm

jmcalla wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 pm
Hi everyone, I finally received my approval email today, after almost 6 months waiting! Timeline and details below if it helps anyone...

ILR Set M (no dependants, cat d)
Application date: 20th August 2020
Biometrics through IDV App: 5th September 2020
Approval e-mail: 5th February 2021

Now waiting for the BRP card!
Congrats jmcalla!

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:29 pm

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 pm
nevsito wrote:
sean2606 wrote:
Yes, looks like from 4.5 to 5.5 months, I think there was a Sept applicant that came through recently. I am approaching 3 months and I escalated through MP couple of days ago, they've got back saying that they have written to HO. Escalated on the basis of not being able to work
I've also escalated to my MP today and hope it results in a quicker response from HO.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:29 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:40 am

Anyone else been hopelessly refreshing timeline threads praying for progress? Sending everyone some positive energy to get positive outcomes on their applications very soon!

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:30 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:40 am
Anyone else been hopelessly refreshing timeline threads praying for progress? Sending everyone some positive energy to get positive outcomes on their applications very soon!
Yes the wait is painful application is SET LR made in Nov so most likely wont see a response until April May. Still hoping for a miracle though. SET (O) approvals seem to be flying. Wish one day service was still available.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:20 pm

October decisions are in touching distance. Hope the turn-around time gets quicker as it was in October
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

durga

Post by durga » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:28 pm

[quote=swissman20 post_id=1988856 time=1612784409 user_id=236096]
[/quote]

Refreshing from begining of January.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Have you guys seen any SET M approvals for October applicants so far?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:50 pm

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 am
bearbearwing212 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 am
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 am
My fellow SET M & SET LR friends, so we still don’t have an explanation as to why our applications are taking far longer than SET O despite paying the same amount?

HO should be ashamed and frankly speaking, someone there should be losing their job, no priority service and you have to be locked down in the country for months waiting for a decision, it’s pure madness. Where am I going to start? I have lived legally in the UK for over 10yrs, paid a fortune as an undergraduate international student, moved to Tier 2 and later to Spouse. Couple of years on Tier 2 wasted, reset after FLM, now over 5yrs on FLM, 2 kids and wife - All British. As I high earner, I have paid a handsome amount in income taxes over the years not to mention the number of visas I have bought as I went along, including the fraudulent health surcharge (double payment as we contribute through NI). In my current job (New), I have been avoiding overseas offshore trips (more money) because of this stupid ILR decision. I am done, escalating tomorrow through MP

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2:. Other than MPs,Do you know anyone else we can raise the issue with?
Thx
Hi, unfortunately I don’t. I have seen a few people here successful by escalating through MP. I believe if there’s enough complaint from SET M applicants through MP’s to HO, they can look into this. Having said that, there’s a reason for the delays on SET M & LR and only HO know, I just think it’s not fair.
I agree with you. I was posting regularly in this forum trying to help people and keep myself sane but I have been through difficult time because of the wait as I have been without a status since October 2020 like so many set(M) applicants and all my life has been on standby mode on the top of the pandemic and lockdowns. I lost relatives and I couldn't travel to be with my parents. I sent a genuine GP letter which was ignored and sent a conditional mortgage offer (subject of me receiving ILR) which was ignored as well and I had to break the chain and lost the house. I kindly and logically asked them to give me a temporary leave of 6 months while I am waiting and they said they do not provide this. I asked my local MP to investigate, he said he cannot intervene before the 6 months standard are over on 04/03/2021 and I am still waiting.

I am thinking to get a petition together and gather signatures. If we reach 100,000 signatures, we will make our voices heard in the common/parliament. This if for the unfair treatment of SET(M) and for all settlement as the 6 months standard period is unfair and does not make any sense. Although the damage is already done for myself, I don't want future applicants to experience what we have been through. The 6 months standard period is just a ridiculous and stupid term that the Home Office put in order to cover themselves. You pay £2400+ for an application which can be assessed in few hours (Super Priority Service confirm this) and you have to wait 6 months with an expired leave without being able to travel. This is just nothing but discrimination and humiliation for people that are going to be Citizens and they later offer Citizenship Ceremony. I would suggest for them to treat people in a descent way during their immigration journey rather than offering those superficial ceremonies.

The petition will mainly address the 6 months wait period regardless the SET route.

Ugoo88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ugoo88 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:34 pm

Did you start the petition so I can sign?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:40 pm

Ugoo88 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:34 pm
Any petitions posted on the forum will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 pm

Ugoo88 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:34 pm
I will let you know. Please check FB and Change.Org regularly.

allie27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by allie27 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:13 am

Hi everyone!

I have been a silent observer for a bit and decided it is time to share too. My waiting time has just passed a shy 5-months mark today.

I have applied for Set (LR). Submitted all docs at the end of August, got an app invite, submitted everything on 11/09/21, and then silence. Same as for pretty much everyone, no communication from HO whatsoever (ridiculous, isn't it? Considering how much we are paying). Slightly starting to go nuts with the wait, my life has been on hold since September and unfortunately, I don't think there is much to be done until 6 months have passed.

Anyone else applied in September for Set (LR) and did get/didn't get a decision? I assume the only way to escalate after 6 months have passed, is to email the local MP and hope for the best?

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 am

allie27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:13 am
Hi everyone!

I have been a silent observer for a bit and decided it is time to share too. My waiting time has just passed a shy 5-months mark today.

I have applied for Set (LR). Submitted all docs at the end of August, got an app invite, submitted everything on 11/09/21, and then silence. Same as for pretty much everyone, no communication from HO whatsoever (ridiculous, isn't it? Considering how much we are paying). Slightly starting to go nuts with the wait, my life has been on hold since September and unfortunately, I don't think there is much to be done until 6 months have passed.

Anyone else applied in September for Set (LR) and did get/didn't get a decision? I assume the only way to escalate after 6 months have passed, is to email the local MP and hope for the best?
I applied on 5th September and still heard nothing since. Have been waiting to travel to Australia, so escalated to MP before Christmas who responded within 24 hours and sent a letter to HO, but it had no impact at all.... so now impatiently waiting for a response hopefully in the coming days, as it’s about to hit 6 months in 3 weeks time!!

allie27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by allie27 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:13 am

srd1982 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 am
allie27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:13 am
Hi everyone!

I applied on 5th September and still heard nothing since. Have been waiting to travel to Australia, so escalated to MP before Christmas who responded within 24 hours and sent a letter to HO, but it had no impact at all.... so now impatiently waiting for a response hopefully in the coming days, as it’s about to hit 6 months in 3 weeks time!!
The wait is excruciating.... I have heard of 2 people who got the response literally a day before 6 months mark. However, it was over a couple of years ago. God knows what HO is up to now.

Jay*
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jay* » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:49 am

I am set o applicant and I have passed 6 months on 30th jan.
MP got an automated email from HO with standard 20 working day Sla response time for his query on 25th Jan.
Solicitor reported to HO on 1st Feb once over the 6 months and got the similar automated email saying 20 working days to respond.
It's been 6 month and 2 weeks now ,no clue
HO neither contacted me nor the Solicitor asking for additional information. Only comms came from Ho to my in box is standard delay email the very next day I submitted my bio metric.
@culinon @CR, admins-what could be next steps,need help.

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Post by viswa_123 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:31 pm

one question, are the dependant BRP cards look different from main applicants one...or is this a recent change ??

My wife and kid's ILR card has no signature and colouring is also a bit different

Zah2012
Newly Registered

Post by Zah2012 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:32 am

Zah2012 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:11 pm
I applied on 31st August setM
Myself and 3 children
Biometrics 11 September
Just one email of payment confirmation and thats about it
Still waiting .....
Received approval email on 11-02-2021
Biometrics cards: still waiting

Jay*
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jay* » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Jay* wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:49 am
I am set o applicant and I have passed 6 months on 30th jan.
MP got an automated email from HO with standard 20 working day Sla response time for his query on 25th Jan.
Solicitor reported to HO on 1st Feb once over the 6 months and got the similar automated email saying 20 working days to respond.
It's been 6 month and 2 weeks now ,no clue
HO neither contacted me nor the Solicitor asking for additional information. Only comms came from Ho to my in box is standard delay email the very next day I submitted my bio metric.
@cullinan @CR001, admins-what could be next steps,need your help.

ajwamahdi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ajwamahdi » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:32 am

Hi everyone, am I right in thinking the ILR(LR) hasn't got too many applications for October and November 2020 or is it just that not much people from those two months have posted on this forum?
If there are actually less application than we might get quicker decision compared to August and September

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:34 am

ajwamahdi wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:32 am
Hi everyone, am I right in thinking the ILR(LR) hasn't got too many applications for October and November 2020 or is it just that not much people from those two months have posted on this forum?
If there are actually less application than we might get quicker decision compared to August and September
My sense is that most members do not post until they have recieved or closer to expecting an outcome. Although, there was a discussion earlier on the forum that August had a high number of applications so the hypothesis that October and November applications could be quicker is possible.

proms1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by proms1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi everyone,
I must say this would be very helpful, if we all timely update our timeline so that we all can visualize a clear picture. This forum is helpful only and when if we all contribute to it instead of just being a silent reader.
Thank you and wish you all good luck.