ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Priority service

Post by Khaled33 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Has anyone used the priority or super priority service to apply for ILR after they were resumed? Are appointments easily found ?

Has the decision been made within suggested timeframe for each service ( next working day for super priority and 5 working days for priority)?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Priority service

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:31 pm

Priority/Super priority is offered by Home Office not UKVCAS. UKVCAS deals with your biometrics and documents submission on behalf of Home Office. For now, there is a lag of 28 days to get a biometrics appointments unless you find an earlier cancellation by luck. SP/priority service time starts after biometrics appointment and is not a guarantee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Caramelsugar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Caramelsugar » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Hi
I applied on 25th January and booked super priority.
The earliest date for biometrics then was 4th February only in Sunderland and Exeter. I had my biometrics today in Sunderland about 3hrs away from my home . I would be able to give u feedback by close of work tomorrow regarding timelines.
I don't think appointments are readily available

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:31 pm
Priority/Super priority is offered by Home Office not UKVCAS. UKVCAS deals with your biometrics and documents submission on behalf of Home Office. For now, there is a lag of 28 days to get a biometrics appointments unless you find an earlier cancellation by luck. SP/priority service time starts after biometrics appointment and is not a guarantee.
Right so does the UKVCAS make the documents available to the home office to check once application is submitted and documents are uploaded to their system or once biometrics are collected?

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 am

Caramelsugar wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 pm
Hi
The earliest date for biometrics then was 4th February only in Sunderland and Exeter. I had my biometrics today in Sunderland about 3hrs away from my home . I would be able to give u feedback by close of work tomorrow regarding timelines.
That would be great! Thank you so much ! I assume you are switching from tier 2 ? I will be waiting for the feedback tomorrow then :-)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:39 am

Khaled33 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:31 pm
Right so does the UKVCAS make the documents available to the home office to check once application is submitted and documents are uploaded to their system or once biometrics are collected?
You upload your documents on UKVCAS portal before biometrics appointment. You have an option to self-submit to UKVI even before biometrics now via the portal or submit at the appointment itself. But the processing and SP time counts after biometrics appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Caramelsugar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Caramelsugar » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi Khaled
I didn't get any messages today..so I guess I have been duped.. haha

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:49 pm

Haha finger crossed for Monday
Thank you for letting me know!
wish you all the best

InduA
Newly Registered
India

Post by InduA » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Caramelsugar wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 pm
Hi
Hi Caramelsugar,
I am planning to submit the application in Super Priority. today (7th Feb 2021) I am at the 5.Pay page of the application where I am being asked to choose a service, that I can't change later. I can see only one option for 'Standard Service' to pay £2408.20 for a processing time of 6 Months.
--> Am I right in assuming that this the page, where we could select for a super-priority service, And possibly stopped due to COVID19 restrictions.
--> OR - Is there any other section/Page where I could choose Super priority service.

Could you please advise?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:41 pm

InduA wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:39 pm
Hi Caramelsugar,
I am planning to submit the application in Super Priority. today (7th Feb 2021) I am at the 5.Pay page of the application where I am being asked to choose a service, that I can't change later. I can see only one option for 'Standard Service' to pay £2408.20 for a processing time of 6 Months.
--> Am I right in assuming that this the page, where we could select for a super-priority service, And possibly stopped due to COVID19 restrictions.
--> OR - Is there any other section/Page where I could choose Super priority service.

Could you please advise?

Thanks.
What is your ilr route you are applying for? It is not available for all applications.

If you are not getting the supper priority option on the page where you select the service, then it is not available for you.

There is no other page with options.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

InduA
Newly Registered
India

Post by InduA » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:41 pm
InduA wrote:
Hi Caramelsugar,

Could you please advise?

Thanks.
What is your ilr route you are applying for? It is not available for all applications.

If you are not getting the supper priority option on the page where you select the service, then it is not available for you.

Hi - This is for 10 year long residence route.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 pm

InduA wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:41 pm
InduA wrote:
Hi Caramelsugar,

Could you please advise?

Thanks.

Hi - This is for 10 year long residence route.

Thanks
Priority and super priory is not currently available for ILR based on long residence.

You will only have standard service available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

InduA
Newly Registered
India

Post by InduA » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 pm

Priority and super priory is not currently available for ILR based on long residence.

HI CR001,
Thanks for your quick response,
Do you know if this has been always the case or it's due to the current Coivd Situation? If this is the covid only scenario then, I will wait for some time for restrictions to ease and Priority service to be enabled again. however, if this has always been the case then there is no point, I will submit my application now.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:11 pm

InduA wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:09 pm
CR001 wrote:

HI CR001,
Do you know if this has been always the case or it's due to the current Coivd Situation? If this is the covid only scenario then, I will wait for some time for restrictions to ease and Priority service to be enabled again. however, if this has always been the case then there is no point, I will submit my application now.

Thanks
It is due to covid. The service was only opened up recently for certain visa routes.

Pre pandemic, it was available for all routes.

No one knows when it will resume for all categories. Note also that super priority is also not a guaranteed service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

InduA
Newly Registered
India

Post by InduA » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:11 pm
InduA wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:09 pm
CR001 wrote:

HI CR001,

Thanks
It is due to covid. The service was only opened up recently for certain visa routes.

Pre pandemic, it was available for all routes.

No one knows when it will resume for all categories. Note also that super priority is also not a guaranteed service.
Thanks for the info...
yes, I understand that super-priority is only to process the application in priority order and does not guarantee success/approval.
Thanks

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Caramelsugar wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi Khaled
I didn't get any messages today..so I guess I have been duped.. haha
Any luck today mate? :)

Caramelsugar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Caramelsugar » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Hi Khaled

No luck today. I will wait till tomorrow then escalate if nothing happens.

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khaled33 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Good luck !

Caramelsugar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Caramelsugar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:56 am

Hi Khaled
I got my approval email this morning. I just may ask for a refund for super priority anyways. Good luck