ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary representation Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vjs8in

Salary representation Query

Post by vjs8in » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:33 am

Dear senior members Please help clarify my query,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1, however have some significant confusion surrounding the Earnings representation.

I am working on a workpermit and my Salary as stated on WP is more than £40,000, which is good enough to get more than 45 points. My payslip in u.k( which actually states it is an allowance statement) shows that I recieve a monthly allowance of £1900, which is what my bank statements show.

I also get a Salary in India which is approximately £700 p.m equivalent ( gross, this is a proper payslip showing Gross and Net). There are also bank statements for this.

My Question is what should I represent on my earnings section?

1. If I state my salary as £40,000+ p.a, I get 45 points, which then is enough for me to get more than 75 points for Tier 1

2. If I state it as approx 2600 p.m ( 1900+700) then I fall short by 5 points for TIer 1.

If I take option 1, how should I convince the case worker that 1900 per month is equivalent of 40000+ per year? and what documents would be a proof in this case? Will it be a letter from employer stating that my salary is 40000+? because my company will not give a letter showing the actual gross and net in u.k.

Thanks in advance,
Suresh

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 am

Senior boarders, your help on the above please.

In addition , another clarification I need is whether the Earnings I represent should be the exact same as that in W.P or can it be different?
Thanks
Suresh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Irrespective of what you state / claim, you will need to provide documentary evidence to corroborate your claim(s) and your application will be assessed accordingly.

Read Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* to understand what doumentary evidence(s) your are required to provide in support of your application.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:55 am

Hello sushad,

the Tier 1 guidance documentstates the following,

Sec 122
3) Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/or present) employer(s) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed: This is a letter on company headed paper from the applicant’s current and/or previous employer(s) which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.

(Where an employer letter includes only total gross and net earnings figures for the whole earnings period claimed, we will consider this document. However, only where the dates of the earning period and the
total gross/net earnings stated in the letter exactly correspond with the information included in the other documentary evidence of these earnings provided, will we be able to award points.)

Sec 127

Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
• personal bank statements covering the full 12-
month earnings period;
and either:
• payslips for the full 12-month earnings period; or
• a letter from their employer.

I am wondering if there anyone has used the letter in place of payslips, and If yes, then what exactly was the format of the letter for
a) if monthly gross and net are specified separately
b) If only the annual earnings are specified and no break up is given.

I believe the other documentary evidence mentioned above, will be the bank statement.