ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent 180 Days Tier 2 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rams9898
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Dependent 180 Days Tier 2 General

Post by rams9898 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi All,
I am applying SET(O) Dependent applications for my wife and daughter. I have questions around the recent changes on 180 days absences and updating immigration history on the application.
My dependants have been issued 2 entry clearance one before 11 January 2018 and one after 11 January 2018.
1. Previously, the guidance(Page 10 under PBS and Appendix W dependant partners) was clear stating there is no need to include any absences towards 180 days absence from the UK for the Visa is granted before 11 January 2018. But the current latest guidance was stating that is only for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs. Is the rule changed? My wife has more than 180 days absence on visa issued before Jan 2018.

2. While updating the application, I can see we need to update the immigration history, where we need to update the absences. Do I need to update all the absences for the five years or only the absence on her second visa which is issued after 11 January 2018?

Any help will be much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Dependent 180 Days Tier 2 General

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:31 pm

Page 21

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.0.pdf

2) Absences only after any leave that was granted post 11th Jan 2018.

e.g. If last leave was granted March 2018, list absences only after March 2018.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.