ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General Dependent visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yk07
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 General Dependent visa extension

Post by yk07 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:00 pm

I recently got ILR through 5 year Tier-2 general visa route. I'm doing tier-2 general dependent visa extension for my wife and kid as as they are short of 5 months to become eligible for ILR(5 year route).Understand the minimum extension period is 3 years. However after filling the application and making the IHS payment(3 years) on the payment page- visa fees is calculated for 5 years. I haven't paid this fee yet.

1. In the application for 'What is the length of Certificate of Sponsorship(CoS)?' I mentioned as 5 years based on the CoS I got 5 years back. Could this be the reason?

2. Can I start a new application and change that to 3 years so I pay only for 3 year extension

3. Will I be able to use the same IHS reference which I have paid earlier for the new application

4. Any action need to be done on the old application? believe its not complete as I haven't made the visa payment.

yk07
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier2 General Dependent visa extension

Post by yk07 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:03 pm

The visa fees for 2 dependents is coming as 2854.40£ for standard service which I believe for 3 year extension should be 1400£ range.

Please advise. thanks