ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 registration in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubbly123

MN1 registration in India

Post by bubbly123 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:39 am

Dear Members,

Me and my wife received our ILR in September 2020 and we have two kids born in the UK before our ILR.

We are travelling to India for a family emergency, my kids previous visa is already expired in 2020.

Now I have two options

1. Apply from the UK ( But I cannot give Biometric in UK as I need to travel immediately) The form and referees are ready
2. Apply from India. I don't know if I should apply online or through post and how long it will take. My kid goes to school here so I need to come back here soon when the school reopens.

Questions:
Can I apply from UK and give biometrics in India is it possible? will that speed up the process?

can I apply for a emergency certificate to travel into the UK and apply from Here? if there is one?

Please help as I cannot skip the trip and wait to give biometric in UK.

secret.simon

Re: MN1 registration in India

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:47 am

Be aware that just first British passports for children abroad (not including the MN1 process) can take between six months to a year.

You are unlikely to be able to come back by the start of the next school year.
bubbly123 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:39 am
can I apply for a emergency certificate to travel into the UK and apply from Here? if there is one?
Emergency Travel Documents are only issued to those people who have already held a British passport in the past.

Your likely best bet would be to apply for an ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter; equivalent to ILR but issued abroad) for the children in India and then start the whole MN1 + British passport process when you are back in the UK. But wait for others to advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bubbly123

Re: MN1 registration in India

Post by bubbly123 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:07 am

Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible to apply for the MN1 here in UK and do the biometric from India and apply for the British passport from India. Please give me some advice.