ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - Referees & Employment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skreddy

Naturalisation application - Referees & Employment

Post by skreddy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:19 am

Hello all,
We are in the process of applying naturalisation.
Few queries, please if you could answer...

1. Referees - I have friends Software Developers both & both British, is it okay they sign or need one of them is an Accountant or Solicitor etc.

2. My wife worked back in 2015 for 6months, after we had kids she never worked.
So, I believe in the employment section, she should leave it blank or put as housewife?

3. She lost her payslips for her employment back in 2015, is it compulsory to send payslips? She doesn’t have P45 or P60 either.
She has access to HMRC online Tax Account, the downloaded documents which show Tax and NI paid for this employment, is that okay?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
SK

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application - Referees & Employment

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:36 am

skreddy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:19 am
Hello all,
We are in the process of applying naturalisation.
Few queries, please if you could answer...

1. Referees - I have friends Software Developers both & both British, is it okay they sign or need one of them is an Accountant or Solicitor etc.
One needs to be a professional, see page 24 on in this document for acceptable professions: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

2. My wife worked back in 2015 for 6months, after we had kids she never worked.
So, I believe in the employment section, she should leave it blank or put as housewife?
Show the employment details and remainder as Housewife/Unemployed - not an issue.

3. She lost her payslips for her employment back in 2015, is it compulsory to send payslips? She doesn’t have P45 or P60 either.
She has access to HMRC online Tax Account, the downloaded documents which show Tax and NI paid for this employment, is that okay?
As you are on UK ILR all that's needed are your passport(s) covering the residency period (5 years back from the application date).

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
SK
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

skreddy

Re: Naturalisation application - Referees & Employment

Post by skreddy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi alterhase58,
Many thanks for your prompt answers.
Regards,
SK