ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current visa expiring in a few days and new CoS not issued yet

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tkmeetsu
Newly Registered
India

Current visa expiring in a few days and new CoS not issued yet

Post by tkmeetsu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:47 am

Hi there,

I have a scenario with one of my friends where his current Tier 2 visa is about to expire in 4 days time (15th February 2021). His existing company is ready to sponsor him again. But this January they realised that their Sponsorship license had expired and went for the renewal. The renewal process took some time and finally got the Sponsorship license renewed day before (Feb 9th 2021). The company has now applied for a new CoS but my friend is not sure when he would get it allocated (especially in the current Covid scenario when most of the process are delayed). I would like to know if there is a way to lodge the new Skilled worker visa application with just the sponsorship license number and later on update the CoS number when it becomes available so that he is not overstaying in the UK even if he stays after February 15th.

Can someone please shed some light if this is possible or is there any other way out in this scenario?

Thanks very much in advance for your advice and help.

Kind regards
N