ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding 7 year ILR route for child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solarisshiva
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Query regarding 7 year ILR route for child

Post by solarisshiva » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:11 am

Hello ,

Good Morning, I am looking for some advise about the 7 year ILR route for child. I have been in UK since 2010 on T2ICT visa and my son was born in india ( Nov 2013). he has lived here since when he was 3 months but with two gaps 1st for 6 months in 2014( I was requried to go back to india due to work) and 2nd for 9 months gap (Sep 2015- may 16) inbetween due to my wife traveling to india to support my mother was very ill. He has been doing all his schooling here in UK. Please could you advise if there is a possibility for us to put ilr application for my kid?

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query regarding 7 year ILR route for child

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:42 am

There is no such thing as 7 year ILR route. The 7 year route is FLR FP and a new 10 year route to ilr (4 X 2.5 year visas).

You seem to have applied for ilr based in long residence. Your dependents must switch to FLR M visas and meet the requirements. Your child will only qualify for ilr when your spouse does or once your spouse has ILR. There is no shortcut route for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Query regarding 7 year ILR route for child

Post by poper » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:51 am

Have a read of my thread for a similar scenario.
My son born outside the UK had to switch to FLR(M) as CR001 advised

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-wh ... 05877.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.