ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SUCCESSFUL COMING BACK!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farneybunny

SUCCESSFUL COMING BACK!!

Post by farneybunny » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:22 pm

First of all apologize for not continuing my story on my original post as I don't know how to copy the link.. :oops:

My story may not be as severe as anyone else on this forum but I'm very happy at the moment I just thought I'd share my experience. To make a long story short, I was an overstayer for 1 year (NOTE: WAS) :P ...I left to Rome almost 3 weeks ago, got out from Stansted Airport without no problem and stuff...Trust me when I said I almost pissed myself last night when I got through the custom at Standsted trying to come back in as visitor. I was preparing myself with hell loads of documents and answers in my head had they asked me anything about my overstaying status. I guess besides my husband's (we're married now) and my baby's passport (mind you I was preparing to beg them to let me in had they refused me), luck was on my side I got in without being asked anything but ' oh, you're just here for a couple of days?' and the 6months visitors stamp in my passport. So, I'm no longer an overstayer!!!!!!! :lol: ... We're leaving to Malaysia soon to start a whole lot of a new beginning....

I wouldn't be able to advise anyone on immigration law as i'm not an expert BUT sharing this and all this time being an overstayer,just to have a bloody 6months visitors stamp on my passport is like having the whole world lifted off your shoulders! It just feel so good....I just want to thanks people who have previously replied to my post and answered my questions eventhough my case isn't as bad as some of the ppl on this forum and my questions can be really stupid sometimes.

To those who still has immigration issues, all I can say is 1 million people will tell you 1 million different thing but if you follow your gut instinct and you can never go wrong (unless, obviously,your intention is wrong). Sometimes you just have to be bold and take the risks and just bloody do it!! Good luck to you guys and I'm sure I'll be coming back here soon when I need guidance and advice on the endless immigration problems.

The power of mental persuassion........

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Well done, you made it through the giddy maze! :D

All the best to you and yours farneybunny. And thanks for sharing - every experience helps someone else.
Oh, the drama...!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:12 pm

Happy for you
Not sure this is the best example for overstayers.
It feels like you sneaked back in
Instead of promoting to people to get themselves to sort out themselves paperwork wise.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:54 pm

But she's not staying! Just trying to get things right. And there is currently a concession for overstayers in exactly this position...
Oh, the drama...!

farneybunny

Post by farneybunny » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Instead of promoting to people to get themselves to sort out themselves paperwork wise.
I didn't sneak back in...whether u like it or not. I went out through the custom and I got in through the custom, I didn't lie to them about anything. They didn't ask me and I didn't tell, simple as that. And I dont' think there was a word in my story that says ' DO THE WAY I DID IT', I was just sharing my experience. I was lucky enough to finally sort out my overstaying status, do u know how good that feels? The way I did it might have looked like it was a deception but if they were gonna let me out without the piece of paper saying 'liable for removal' and let me come in without asking my previous immigration history, why should I open my mouth and jeopardize everything? I was really lucky and I'm thankful for that. I might be stupid for overstaying my visa but i ain't no fool....I am actually really glad I did it that way as heathrow now has passport control and I would've been *****ed trying to get out of there being an overstayer!! They didn't even ask me anything when I flew off to Malaysia 2 days ago when they saw that 6mnths visitor's stamp. It's a dog eat dog world out there mate...

Thanks jei2...I'm glad and happy myself. We're now back in Malaysia and starting a new life for a couple of years. Good luck to u and everyone else to...

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:40 pm

farneybunny wrote:
I didn't sneak back in...whether u like it or not. I went out through the custom and I got in through the custom, I didn't lie to them about anything. They didn't ask me and I didn't tell, simple as that. And I dont' think there was a word in my story that says ' DO THE WAY I DID IT', I was just sharing my experience. I was lucky enough to finally sort out my overstaying status, do u know how good that feels? The way I did it might have looked like it was a deception but if they were gonna let me out without the piece of paper saying 'liable for removal' and let me come in without asking my previous immigration history, why should I open my mouth and jeopardize everything? I was really lucky and I'm thankful for that. I might be stupid for overstaying my visa but i ain't no fool....I am actually really glad I did it that way as heathrow now has passport control and I would've been *****ed trying to get out of there being an overstayer!! They didn't even ask me anything when I flew off to Malaysia 2 days ago when they saw that 6mnths visitor's stamp. It's a dog eat dog world out there mate...

Thanks jei2...I'm glad and happy myself. We're now back in Malaysia and starting a new life for a couple of years. Good luck to u and everyone else to...
I think you miss the point. It has nothing to do with sneaking about. Your story just promotes to people to get around or use minimal effort to correct a situation in a proper way. This technique should not used to deal with overstaying. You were just lucky and really that is the moral of the story.