ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Employment confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mantony
Newly Registered
Nigeria

British citizenship questions

Post by mantony » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:38 am

@CR001 Thank you so much for helping.

I got my ILR today under the 10 year LR. I came to the country in 2010 got married to my wife in 2011, she was my dependant until 2017 when she got her ILR and became British in 2019.

I moved from a Post-Study-Work visa in 2014 to Entrepreneur Visa and moved to FLRM (partner visa) in 2018 after my wife got her ILR and I switched to becoming her dependant. Shortly after that, she naturalized in 2019. I applied for my ILR under the 10-year rule just before my first FLRM expired which has now been granted.

As I am married to a British person and I have been in the Uk for 10 years uninterrupted.
I will like to ask if I can apply for citizenship now or do I have to wait for 12 months?

Many thanks

vinny

Re: British citizenship questions

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:40 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship questions

Post by bizman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:10 am

mantony wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:38 am
@CR001 Thank you so much for helping.

I got my ILR today under the 10 year LR. I came to the country in 2010 got married to my wife in 2011, she was my dependant until 2017 when she got her ILR and became British in 2019.

I moved from a Post-Study-Work visa in 2014 to Entrepreneur Visa and moved to FLRM (partner visa) in 2018 after my wife got her ILR and I switched to becoming her dependant. Shortly after that, she naturalized in 2019. I applied for my ILR under the 10-year rule just before my first FLRM expired which has now been granted.

As I am married to a British person and I have been in the Uk for 10 years uninterrupted.
I will like to ask if I can apply for citizenship now or do I have to wait for 12 months?

Many thanks
Apply immediately
Bizman

mantony
Newly Registered
Nigeria

BC Employment confusion

Post by mantony » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi everyone.
I really hope, someone will make it clear for me.
I am filling up an online citizenship application, and get confused with this question:

I was on an entrepreneur visa until 2018. I was director of the company and worked as a consultant for a bank. I stopped trading with this company in August 2019 (the company is still live with Companies House and HMRC - Just keeping it to see if I might want to use it soon). With the whole unclear situation about IR 35, I moved to full-time employment in September 2019.

In the employment section, I put employee and completed the details as per my new employment and a temporary Census job I did for ONS in 2011. The next question asks "Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?". Do I pick yes? The reason I ask is that the question seems to be asking if I was in any other employment.

PLEASE I NEED HELP.

Many thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BC Employment confusion

Post by bizman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:16 am

You need to mention your employment in your company when you were a Director on Tier 1 entrepreneur visa or else it will be counted as deception except you were not taking salary during this time from the company and it was just incorporated and you were just a Director.
Bizman

mantony
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mantony » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:51 pm

Hi Bizman,

Thanks for your responses. Now that i am in full employment, is there a need to submit SA302 for the period I collected salaries from the Director role?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:39 am

It depends on how your income is structured. If it is PAYE you just add your payslips, if as self employed yes you add your SA302
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:41 am

Also note that all this is not really required for citizenship. They just want to know if you worked legally during the time you are legally resident in UK.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:16 am

Payslips are not needed. Self-assessment for the last year is only needed if someone is registered as self-employed.
If tax is paid via the PAYE scheme, no payslips are required, one only lists PAYE ref in the AN online form.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.