ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport for a child - husband British from birth. aplication is asking for non British passpot?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raij
Poland

First passport for a child - husband British from birth. aplication is asking for non British passpot?

Post by raij » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi guys long time no speak , we finally applied for our teen daughter First British passport and i am a bit puzzled . so i keep it super short
Husband is the main applicant for or daughter passport - Born in the uk , never held any other citizenship.
child born in 2006 sept in the UK
we been married since before she was born , i was eu citizen at the time of daughter birth , but again we been married.
so the application is asking for the following :
Parents’ documents
If claiming British nationality based on 1 of your parents being settled in the UK, send the following:
for 1 of your parents, the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain

So my question is - do i also need to send my old passport even tho my husband is the main applicant? shouldn't passport application be based on the fact that our daughter father is british ?
what i did send was a cover letter , marriage certificate , husband birth certificate , and obv daughter birth certificate .
unsure if that be enough ?

secret.simon

Re: First passport for a child - husband British from birth. aplication is asking for non British passpot?

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:27 pm

raij wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:17 pm
Parents’ documents
If claiming British nationality based on 1 of your parents being settled in the UK, send the following:
for 1 of your parents, the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain
That section does not apply to your daughter as she is not applying "based on 1 of your parents being settled in the UK".

"Settled in the UK" generally means having ILR/PR/Settled Status and if you select that option, it will ask you for proof of settlement (ILR vignette/BRP/DCPR/PR Card).

If your husband was born in or after 1983, you may also be asked to send his parents birth certificates and marriage certificate (because since 1983, mere birth in the UK does not confer British citizenship).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

raij
Poland

Re: First passport for a child - husband British from birth. aplication is asking for non British passpot?

Post by raij » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:27 pm
raij wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:17 pm
Parents’ documents
That section does not apply to your daughter as she is not applying "based on 1 of your parents being settled in the UK".

"Settled in the UK" generally means having ILR/PR/Settled Status and if you select that option, it will ask you for proof of settlement (ILR vignette/BRP/DCPR/PR Card).

If your husband was born in or after 1983, you may also be asked to send his parents birth certificates and marriage certificate (because since 1983, mere birth in the UK does not confer British citizenship).
thank you it was so confusing to me , he was born before 83.
do you think that documents (father) that i sent would be sufficient ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:27 pm

If your husband was born in the UK before 1983, then yes, the documents you have listed should be sufficient.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 pm

Thank Goodness :D . Thank you so much for taking your time to answer this post will update once it is all successful

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm

You're welcome :)