ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa Tier 2 Query (end of employment)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shashankverma6
United Kingdom

Dependent visa Tier 2 Query (end of employment)

Post by shashankverma6 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:38 am

Dear community,

I am on my spouse's dependent visa.

My wife has gotten in job outside of the UK and is expected to leave the UK on March 19th, which will be her last day of employment.

Technically, when does my employment end? Is there a grace period for which I can continue to work for, even after her last day of employment?

Thanks,
Shashank

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent visa Tier 2 Query (end of employment)

Post by manci » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 pm

Your wife's sponsor will have advised UKVI of the withdrawal of her sponsorship. UKVI will send her a letter curtailing (cancelling in current terminology) her permission to stay to 60 days from the date of that letter assuming her current permission doesn't end sooner. Unless she finds another UK sponsor she will be expected to leave the UK by the end of the 60 day period. You said that she would leave the UK on 19 March in any case because she secured a job for herself abroad.

Your permission to stay as your wife's dependant will also be curtailed to 60 days, so you may continue working until the end of the 60 day period (but see below).

However, there is a rider to this.

If your wife's departure from the UK on 19 March is recorded as part of exit controls, or she leaves and attempts to return to the UK any time after the end of her sponsorship, she may be refused permission to enter because of the change of purpose or circumstances (see immigration rules 9.13.1, 9.20.1, 9.20.2) . As your permission to stay is tied to hers this will have an impact on you, too, but I am not sure what procedure the Home Office would follow in such a case, i.e. cancel your permission with immediate effect or let you stay for some time.

To avoid this situation arising you may decide to also leave the UK on 19 March or shortly afterwards.

shashankverma6
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa Tier 2 Query (end of employment)

Post by shashankverma6 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 pm

That is good to know.

Thank you!