ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to UK for business meeting on HSMP / tier 1 visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Travelling to UK for business meeting on HSMP / tier 1 visa

Post by hsmp100 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 am

Do I need a business visior visa to travel for business / company meeting even if I already have HSMP visa?

can I have two type of visa at the same time- I mean HSMP and Business visitor ?

appreciate early response
many thanks

bani

Post by bani » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:23 am

No, you don't need a visitor visa. The HSMP will already gain you entry into the UK, and you're allowed to work here. If they ask why you are only staying for a short period of time, you can say you want to look for jobs first before relocating here.

simar

Re: Travelling to UK for business meeting on HSMP / tier 1 v

Post by simar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:16 pm

hsmp100 wrote:Do I need a business visior visa to travel for business / company meeting even if I already have HSMP visa?

can I have two type of visa at the same time- I mean HSMP and Business visitor ?

many thanks

u can check if u require visa or not from your local area British embassy. U just cannot says u have come for business visits on hsmp visa at immigration counter while entering UK. That i guess is wrong.

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking if i enter into UK on HSMP, return to India and again going may end up in few months out of UK. Will this be a problem for extension and ILR later as they need that I cannot be out of UK for more then specific time period out of the five years HSMP visa period to get the ILR / permanent resident status

Any advise please
Thanks

hsmp100 wrote:Do I need a business visior visa to travel for business / company meeting even if I already have HSMP visa?

many thanks

simar

Post by simar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:28 pm

hsmp100 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I was thinking if i enter into UK on HSMP, return to India and again going may end up in few months out of UK. Will this be a problem for extension and ILR later as they need that I cannot be out of UK for more then specific time period out of the five years HSMP visa period to get the ILR / permanent resident status

Any advise please
Thanks

many thanks

Now that is entirely new issue. I don’t think it is problem to come now for say job interview or a search for some timeand then move back on hsmp visa. Then later come after say 6 months gap finally after winding up the things in india.

For Extension u have to meet criteria by gaining points as required. It is purely objective system.

For ILR , their loads of conditions. Under such a situation ur clock may start late (of counting 5 years)as presently require. Anyway who know what will be rules of ILR after 5 years. Their may come up with rule that ILR eligibility is after 8 years, Rules keep changing fast as you might have noticed in recent past.

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:46 am

I called up vfs to check this, they said that one can apply for business visa even after having the tier 1 visa to travel for business work and the tier 1 visa will be still valid for entry into UK later

thanks

simar wrote:

many thanks

u can check if u require visa or not from your local area British embassy. U just cannot says u have come for business visits on hsmp visa at immigration counter while entering UK. That i guess is wrong.