ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please! Questions for Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Questions about Passport application

Post by bluesky123 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:06 am

Hi everyone

I'm about to start online passport application and I've got some questions about it.

1- I believe that I need someone to confirm identity. What information are required about the person which I need to include myself when I apply? ( I am asking in advance so i know what information do i need to ask the person. ex. email, address ....)

2- Regarding the digital photo, how can I take it ? can I take a selfie with my phone? or someone has to take the photo for me?

3- How long does it take to fill in the whole application? can i save the application and come back to it later?

4- I can see in his forum that there are different places to apply (ex. Peterborough ,Newport ....),
Is that where I send the supporting documents? Based on what I should choose?

Sorry if the questions sound silly but answers are highly appreciated
Cheers

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Help please! Questions for Passport

Post by bluesky123 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:09 am

Hi
I have few questions for the passport application and I hope anyone went through this experience to help me.
1- What details I should collect to fill in the form for the person will confirm my identity ?

2- In the online application; can i take the photo selfie with my smart phone camera? or someone has to do it for me?

3- where i should send the documents to ? in the forum, i can see different places, how can i chooses?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help please! Questions for Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:18 am

bluesky123 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:09 am
Hi
I have few questions for the passport application and I hope anyone went through this experience to help me.
1- What details I should collect to fill in the form for the person will confirm my identity ? The online form will ask for the email address of the person - best to give person advance warning that HMPO will send them an email with a link to confirm identity.

2- In the online application; can i take the photo selfie with my smart phone camera? or someone has to do it for me? I believe that's possible but the picture needs to comply with the passport photo requirements. https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

3- where i should send the documents to ? in the forum, i can see different places, how can i chooses? You can't choose - when you have completed the online form you will be given an address where to send your documents.

Many thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Help please! Questions for Passport

Post by bluesky123 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi alterhase58

Thank you so much for your reply.