ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Wrong CoS

Post by JoshPT » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Hello guys,
I applied for my UK entry clearance visa on 11th Jan. However, a week later got an email from UKVI stating that my employer assigned me an “Undefined change of employment” CoS as supposed to a “Defined new hired” and would require a new CoS to progress ahead with my application.
My employer has submitted an application for a new CoS but haven’t got it assigned yet from UKVI (which is generally done in 1 working day). What else can I do in this case as it’s been more than 7 working days.
Any help would be appreciated.

shasena
Newly Registered

Re: Wrong CoS

Post by shasena » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi , there is a delay with Most of the application atm due to covid. Even I have been waiting for my COS since December end ( before Christmas) and I still haven’t received it.

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by JoshPT » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:03 am

shasena wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Hi , there is a delay with Most of the application atm due to covid. Even I have been waiting for my COS since December end ( before Christmas) and I still haven’t received it.
Hi Shasena,
Thank you so much for your reply. I really was getting worried with regards to the status of my CoS.
Could you please tell if you an in-country applicant or an outland applicant?
Thanks once again

shasena
Newly Registered

Post by shasena » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 am

Hi Josh ,
I am applying outside UK as I did leave UK last February. Even I have been worried about this COS avo it I still couldn’t get a clear answer to this

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by JoshPT » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:13 pm

shasena wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 am
Hi Josh ,
I am applying outside UK as I did leave UK last February. Even I have been worried about this COS avo it I still couldn’t get a clear answer to this
Oh okay. I am yet to hear from my employer with regards to the CoS. What is your employer telling you with regards to delay in CoS?
Also would appreciate if you post any update you receive with regards to your CoS.

shasena
Newly Registered

Post by shasena » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:38 pm

As of now they are just saying the HO hasn’t granted the CoS and they are waiting for it. I hve been on few Facebook groups and few of them have received it max two weeks or less. So am starting to feel a bit worried now. I will let you know if I get any update regarding thsi

hw620
China

Post by hw620 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:16 am

shasena wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:38 pm
As of now they are just saying the HO hasn’t granted the CoS and they are waiting for it. I hve been on few Facebook groups and few of them have received it max two weeks or less. So am starting to feel a bit worried now. I will let you know if I get any update regarding thsi
Hi Shasena
May I ask if you have received your COS? thanks

shasena
Newly Registered

Post by shasena » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:52 pm

No I haven’t. I will update here once I receive

Tier2
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:10 am

Hi guys, any update on your COS?

JoshPT
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by JoshPT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:32 pm

Hi guys,

I got my CoS and have been issued with the Skilled Worker Visa as well.

Please get in touch with your sponsor. I had consulted a solicitor who told me that it barely takes 1 business day to issue a new CoS.

The issue I had was that my employer was asked to pay additional fees for which he was a bit hesitant.
I stepped up to pay those on his behalf.

So please get in touch with your employer as he would the key person in your application.

Hope this helps

Mabincredible
United Kingdom

Post by Mabincredible » Thu May 20, 2021 10:19 am

JoshPT wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:32 pm
Hi guys,

I got my CoS and have been issued with the Skilled Worker Visa as well.

Please get in touch with your sponsor. I had consulted a solicitor who told me that it barely takes 1 business day to issue a new CoS.

The issue I had was that my employer was asked to pay additional fees for which he was a bit hesitant.
I stepped up to pay those on his behalf.

So please get in touch with your employer as he would the key person in your application.

Hope this helps
Hello JoshPT, may I please ask how you submitted the new CoS to UKVI?