ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing roles same employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

secular1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing roles same employer

Post by secular1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi All,

I will appreciate your perspective very much.

I moved to the UK in September 2020 (5months now) under tier 2, 5-year visa. My role is permanent. I work within a large global company

Just a few days ago I have been approached by another team within the same company for a more senior global role. This is a team whose activities also align well with my skills.

My company paid for my family and applied for priority visa just last week which has been approved and they are arriving in three weeks time.

I may be able to talk my current group out about taking this new senior role. However, what are the practical implications for my tier 2 visa? Would my family and I have to make new applications and would the employer have to pay health surcharge and all fees again?

Thanks for your help

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Re: Changing roles same employer

Post by Tiger77 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:09 am

If the new job falls under the same role code then it’s simple process, you may just need to report the employment change via SMS if you changed office etc . If it’s a new job that falls under a different code then you need to apply for a new application along with your family.

secular1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by secular1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:44 am

Thank you for the reply. Both roles are similar skill wise (but in different functions) so i expect the employment code to be same, I will check with the HR/relocation team.

Very grateful for the feedback

secular1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by secular1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Just to clarify in the event that I need to apply for new visa, what happens to the surcharge, will the company get reimbursed (only used 5 months out of the 5-year paid)