ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical treatment in the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahs
Newly Registered

Medical treatment in the UK

Post by mahs » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to extend my Tier 2 Dependant visa. My husband recently got ILR.

One of the questions asks "Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK?". Is this normal?! Or maybe I'm in a wrong place for my application?!

In any case, I have visited GPs multiple times and I have no record of them. What should I do?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Medical treatment in the UK

Post by manci » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:33 pm

As a PBS Dependant you paid the Immigration Health Surcharge and are entitled to use NHS services.

To check whether you are using the correct online application form see what is on the first page under TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION

GB09

Post by GB09 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:46 pm

I am also filling up Skilled worker extension form , it is also asking me the same questions. You would need to call your GPs and get the dates of visit from them. As a PBS dependant you would have paid Immigration Health Surcharge anyway!

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:53 am

I have the same question. not sure how to answer this question. Did you guys figure it out?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:55 am

mahs wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm
One of the questions asks "Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK?". Is this normal?! Or maybe I'm in a wrong place for my application?!
Answer “yes”, if you have received medical treatments. What are the follow up questions?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:34 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:55 am
mahs wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm
Answer “yes”, if you have received medical treatments. What are the follow up questions?
Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK? if I say "Yes"

Next question is

Were you told that you had to pay the hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery for your medical treatment? If I say "No"

Next question is

Where did you go for your previous medical treatment in the UK? I select
"To a doctor, clinic or hospital for non-emergency treatment"

Next question they ask is the name of the surgery, clinic or Hospital and from when I started the treatment and when I finished or still taking the treatment.

So is it ok to say "No" for Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK? if I don't want to disclose my medical history?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:00 pm

If you have received medical treatment(s), then saying "No" may be considered as deception. If you don't remember the exact dates, then estimate with month or year?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Post by vtox_g » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:14 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:00 pm
If you have received medical treatment(s), then saying "No" may be considered as deception. If you don't remember the exact dates, then estimate with month or year?
Sure - Ill include my visits to GP Thank you