ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary change mentioned on COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Salary change mentioned on COS

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi,

My Mrs came to UK end of December 2020 and she is about join her work place NHS next week but they have just came back to her with offer letter that is now stating less salary (about £12,000 less ) if she refuse to join will this impact her future applications? She is willing to join and work but with the salary package that was mentioned in COS can she ask them to pay her the same salary that they offered her initially? Can we call HO and tell them so that if they cancel her sponsorship they know about it?

Many Thanks

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Re: Salary change mentioned on COS

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Just to add I am currently filling the form for her to convert her visa to spouse visa will this impact her application? If they cancel her sponsorship how many days she will have incase she has to leave the country? I read somewhere if sponsorship is canceled person has legal stay of 60 days to leave the country or to find new sponsor?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:06 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:57 pm
Just to add I am currently filling the form for her to convert her visa to spouse visa will this impact her application? If they cancel her sponsorship how many days she will have incase she has to leave the country? I read somewhere if sponsorship is canceled person has legal stay of 60 days to leave the country or to find new sponsor?
Please continue in your other question re spouse visa.

Her tier 2 issue is irrelevant to switching to a spouse visa, provided that you therefore meet the financial requirment as she is not yet working.

A sponsor cannot cancel her visa. Only ukvi has that authority to do that and curtailment letters takes a few months to get sent out and the 60 days is from the date of the letter ukvi sends.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tiger77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tiger77 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:25 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:53 pm
Hi,

My Mrs came to UK end of December 2020 and she is about join her work place NHS next week but they have just came back to her with offer letter that is now stating less salary (about £12,000 less ) if she refuse to join will this impact her future applications? She is willing to join and work but with the salary package that was mentioned in COS can she ask them to pay her the same salary that they offered her initially? Can we call HO and tell them so that if they cancel her sponsorship they know about it?

Many Thanks

The employer can reduce the salary provided it is still above the minimum threshold for the role. They just need to notify the HO via SMS of the salary reduction.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Thanks once again for your useful information.

In regards to TIER2 salary can sponsor change that on offer letter as COS has higher salary they have reduce 12k on offer letter? As they have change her salary can she refuse to join them?

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:02 pm

The NHS would normally be considered a credible and immigration compliant employer. It seems strange that they would issue a COS with one salary and an offer letter after the COS was issued and the migrant has landed in the UK.

Is your spouse working directly for the NHS or through an agency?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:02 pm
The NHS would normally be considered a credible and immigration compliant employer. It seems strange that they would issue a COS with one salary and an offer letter after the COS was issued and the migrant has landed in the UK.

Is your spouse working directly for the NHS or through an agency?
Could the reason be due to a tier 2 general having a salary level and then most dropped when the new skillled worker visa came into effect, so a cos now would have a reduced salary requirement?

Also, why is she starting her sponsored job so late (almost 2 months) after arriving in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:54 pm

Tier 2 COS issued prior to introduction of skilled worker route set the salary scale and has to be met. Even if the skilled worker route would allow a lower salary.

NHS roles have fixed salary bands hence my question about who the actual employer is, simply put the NHS do not reduce salaries at a whim. So a drop of £12k would have to be a large reduction in hours rather than a change in salary band.

The NHS is not furloughing people, the exact opposite in fact, they are on a massive recruitment drive, albeit many of the posts are fixed term.

None of the storyline fits with direct NHS employment, hence I have a suspicion this is an employment agency / contracting set-up.